To apply and see full descrption visit: http://www.grace.church/employment
We exist to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus across the street and around the world.
In keeping with Grace Church's core values and vision the Families Pastor will passionately and effectively:
* Equip, encourage, and mobilize parents of kids and students by developing and implementing a clear strategy to empower them as the primary spiritual leaders in their homes; and oversee:
* Grace's Children's Ministry (Nursery to 5th grade), and
* Grace's Students' Ministry (6th through 12th grade):
a. Inculcation of staff and volunteers with Grace's mission/vision/values.
b. Intentionality and continuity of content and programming from Nursery through 12th grade; with a focus on both solid theology and lifestyle transformation (refer to Grace's Discipleship Philosophy).
c. A vital focus on reaching kids and students in our community and schools who don't know Christ or are disconnected from a local church.
d. Updating and monitoring agreed upon metrics and definitions of success (e.g. SGAs, Vol involvement, Kids/Students engagement, and overall outreach-based growth).
1. Provide leadership, care, supervision, vision, and development for the Children's and Students department staff, both professional and volunteer.
2. Responsible, in consultation with the Executive Pastor, for the design and implementation of an effective ministry program for children and students that under his leadership shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Leadership to the Children’s and Student’s departments. Provide quality and inspirational leadership in the recruitment and training of volunteers, demonstrating a clear ability to develop leadership.
- Collaborate with other staff and departments for various ministry initiatives. Serve well with others.
- Provide effective and appropriate pastoral counseling, as needed, to kids, students and parents.
3. Develop an effective prayer strategy for staff, volunteers, children, and parents.
4. If married and a parent, demonstrate God-dependent strength and stability in marriage and parenting skills.
5. Choose or develop curriculum and programming to equip, empower, and support parents with biblical methods for parenting.
6. Ensure that we have a vibrant “WOW” or fun factor in all 0-18 departments, without dilution of content.
7. Be a participating member of the minstry staff and have general ministry staff duties, such as but not limited to performing baptisms, minister on call, communion serving, prayer for the sick, and leadership development.
8. Has a balanced, informed view with regard to education – public v. private v. homeschool.
9. Has a clear and passionate understanding of the foundational doctrines of the faith.
10. Is a good teacher and communicator with kids/students – keeps them engaged and excited to hear from him.
11. Demonstrates strength in interpersonal relationships as well as a of commitment to a team approach to ministry. Has a propensity to lean more towards hands-on with staff and kids/students versus administration and/or writing. Works well across all levels
(children, parents, volunteers, church staff/leadership and members of the congregation.)
12. Strong desire to minister to people within the context of the local church and willing to commit to a long-term ministry in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced church environment.
13. Responsible for other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Pastor and/or the Senior Pastor.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 8
- Education: Bachelor's or higher degree in a relevant field
- License/Ordination: Ability to become licensed or ordained by Grace Church.
- Knowledge areas: see below
- Flexibility for evenings/weekends: Yes
- Computer applications: Level: Intermediate
- Communications: Public Speaking Writing Telephone Small Groups Counseling
- Management/Leadership Experience: Has led ministries, projects, and teams that were volunteer intensive, developed and managed budgets, strong project management skills and experience, and ability to coordinate, prioritize, and manage human and material
resources. Proven ability to effectively cast vision and shepherd his team.
- Other Skills: Thorough knowledge of the Word of God, experience and ability to teach Biblical truths, history of teaching and discipling kids, students and parents, and connects well with all three groups.