First Liberty Institute is a non-profit public interest law firm and the largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to defending religious liberty for all Americans. We believe that true religious freedom means recognizing the fundamental
right of every individual to follow their conscience and to live according to their beliefs. Founded in 1997 and based in Plano, Texas, our legal team partners with elite volunteer attorneys across the country to secure religious freedom, from local matters
to the Supreme Court, at no cost to our clients. For more information, please visit www.FirstLiberty.org.
The Digital/Social Media Manager will strategize and execute digital marketing and social media campaigns, and integrate with other channels and initiatives. As a key member of the marketing team, Digital/Social Media Manager will use social media, the website,
email marketing, video and other communication vehicles to achieve key goals.
Immediate primary responsibilities include developing, executing and optimizing strategies that educate, engage and drive donor acquisition goals; managing social media strategy and execution; analyzing campaign results; updating web content for legal matters
and new initiatives; managing a podcast program; reporting on key metrics of each digital campaign. This person will also:
- Create, manage and grow presence across social media channels and other platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and others.
- Develop content across owned and earned social channels.
- Effectively manage digital/social media agencies and consultants.
- Develop strategy and execute integrated digital marketing programs, including email, SEO, keyword search, digital media, retargeting and mobile.
- Help define key metrics and measurement of success and proactively monitors for effective and efficient ROI.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage legal cases and religious liberty topics.
- Manage budget for digital/social programs.
- Manage posting and social media promotion of podcast program.
- Spearhead fundraising and digital campaigns, including national giving events, to acquire new and monthly donors through implementation of digital strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage and update website content.
- Occasionally attend events nationwide to support donor development, legal and marketing departments.
- Hands-on experience with planning, managing, executing and tracking digital initiatives and coordinating with outside agencies.
- Experience in executing social media programs that include owned, earned and paid digital and social media content.
- Strong ability to write and edit social media content in line with legal and case messaging.
- Experience in managing creative resources for visual and multimedia content (memes, social videos, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital marketing trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Technical aptitude a plus.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years experience or equivalent exposure in a corporate, agency, or non-profit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, marketing, business or related field.
- Experience with Word Press (website), Libsyn and iTunes (podcast), YouTube, and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools, such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics.
- Experience in a legal, issue advocacy, or non-profit environment a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a credible track record. First Liberty
Institute is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 403(b), and vacation benefits.
First Liberty Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or marital status, in accordance with federal and state law.
Please submit your resume and writing samples to Lori Ross at