Christ United Methodist Church
Ministry Role Description:
Director of Communications
Principle Functions: Organize and deliver all internal and external communications directed to the congregation. Create concepts and execute video and graphic presentations.
Responsible for: Handle all forms of communication from digital to print, including web-based platforms (social media, text blasts, mass email).
Report to: Church Administrator
- Design and maintain the church’s website by providing weekly updates to the website including the digital bulletin, web news, sermon files, podcasts (video and audio), creative updates, and digital forms.
- Provide all digital and print registration for church-wide and individual ministry events
- Coordinate the visual direction for all sermons.
- Oversee social media posts.
- Maintain updated and current content for the Christ United app.
- Process promotional requests from various ministries in collaboration with the church’s graphic artist(s) to include such items as, the digital Sunday bulletin, announcement loops, potty posters, FaceBook and Twitter postings, handouts, etc.
- Update content for the Christ United App.
- Oversee the production of all print materials including signage, logos, ministry brochures, etc. for all ministries and events in concert with the graphic artist(s).
- Communicate regularly with departmental leaders about their promotional needs.
- Oversee the capture, editing and providing of the finished video product for all special events to include baptisms, testimonials, and the like.
- Oversee the production and execution of web-based newsletters.
- In concert with the Technical Director, help manage the live streaming of worship services and other special events by providing custom artwork, maintaining the platform used by the Tech Team and setting up the events for live programs.
- Recruit, organize, train and lead volunteers and volunteer groups to assist with many of the above duties.
- Complete the budget process and manage ministry finances
- Perform any other related duties as may be requested from time to time by this position’s supervisor.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Be an active and growing disciple of Jesus Christ, embracing the mission along with the 5 L’s of this church.
- Posses good communication and people skills
- Be a team builder and team leader
- Be a strong organizer
- Be able to work under pressure and be able to execute quickly and efficiently
- Be a multi-tasker
- Be accountable and submissive to authority
Spiritual Gifts required:
Credentials and experience required:
- Experience in working with multiple volunteer groups and leading people.
- Prefer some experience working or volunteering in a church.
- Have some marketing and promotion experience
- Knowledge of software applications such as Planning Center and ProPresenter.
- Ability to convert, create, and edit many types of media (graphics included).
- Fluent Mac computer user.
- Some amount of background in information technology
Required hours: Full time 40 hours per week with flexible schedule and days except for Sunday and for special services
Staff Liaison for which volunteer groups:
1. Video editing team
2. Numerous tech teams (stage, sound, lighting, etc.)