We are looking for a campus pastor for our South San Jose Campus. The campus is a little over 1 year old, averaging 225 people, in 2 services, meeting in a local high school.
Campus Pastor Job Description
Reports to: Lead Pastor or Executive Pastor
Summary of position: A Campus Pastor is the face and point leader of a South Bay Church campus. Their primary responsibility is to pastor the local campus and develop staff and leaders to effectively reach people far from God and develop
them to passionately follow Jesus. They function as the embodiment and primary communicator of the church’s vision at the local level.
- Passionate relationship with Jesus - actively using gifts and producing fruit
- Effective communicator - inspire with vision, passion, and practical next steps
- Leadership - ability to develop and work through paid staff and lay leaders. Ability to identify, develop, and multiply leaders (for groups and teams)
- Passion for those far from God - contagious drive toward reaching people
- Teachability and humility - pursuing feedback and coaching. Comfortable with 2nd chair
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial work ethic
- Track record of growing things - teams, groups, ministries, etc.
- Lead campus staff - Lead and administer the campus staff in order to develop leaders and multiply volunteers. Includes leading staff meetings, create feedback/evaluation mechanisms, department goal setting, team accountability, ministry alignment, etc.
- Shepherd the South Bay DNA - Ensure that your campus is in proactively moving toward the South Bay Church visionary goals, embracing South Bay values, and prioritizing South Bay main strategies.
- Weekend readiness - Ensure all weekend services are executed with excellence in all areas (worship, children’s, first impressions, etc.). Work to remove every obstacle or distraction that could keep the campus from growing.
- Stage Communication - Think through what you’ll say or highlight during welcome and Next Steps (review Communications Doc), always helping people take practical steps. Be available and ready to occasionally teach.
- Life Group Development - Prioritize the development of Life Groups and discipleship on your campus by working with the LG department to recruit, train, and release people to lead. The adult attendance in groups should stay above 70% of weekend adult attendance.
- Connection & Follow up - Weekly phone calls with first time guests and those committing to take next steps. Lead the campus connection strategy and process. Volunteer sign-ups, life group sign ups, decision to get baptized…
- Leadership Development - Work to build up the leadership pipeline of your campus and continually develop and mobilize lay leaders to serve with their gifts.
- Community Engagement & Evangelism - Build relationships with lost people, city staff, business leaders, church leaders, entrepreneurs, and others in the community surrounding your campus.
- Oversee campus online presence and strategy - the use of Twitter, Facebook, advertising/marketing, etc. and all local marketing (signs, billboards, banners, mailers, newspaper, etc.). This is done in conjunction with our Communications Pastor.
- Manage Campus Budget - Set campus budget and ensure that your campus departments are staying within it, tracking reports, and planning expenses effectively.
- Other - Benevolence requests, model discipleship, develop marketing and evangelism strategies, plan community outreach events, manage campus facilities, pioneer giving initiatives...
Key campus indicators:
- Life Groups participation
- First Time Decisions
- First Time Guests
- Community Engagement
- Grow Track attendance
- Weekly / bi-weekly tasks:
- Follow up with first time guests and those who indicated taking next steps (salvation, baptism, volunteer, life groups).
- Participate in weekend planning meetings.
- Prepare and run campus staff meetings and direct reports with campus staff.
- Lead staff in making and evaluating quarterly goals in light of overall church goals.
- Meet with key leaders, donors, and volunteers for development and care.