Sunbury Christian Academy is a ministry of Sunbury Bible Church. As a member of the Sunbury Bible Church's Pastoral Team, the administrator communicates, implements, and enforces the policies and guidelines set forth by the Sunbury Christian Academy (SCA)
Committee consistent with the Sunbury Bible Church (SBC) bylaws and church policy. He/she promotes and ensures the spiritual and academic growth of SCA and directs all phases of the program. The administrator represents SCA as its Chief Executive Officer
in all dealings with parents, churches, other organizations, and the general public. This is a year-round full-time position which reports to the SCA Committee and ultimately the Elder Body.
- Promotes and directs an effective, efficient, cooperative Christian environment in which staff, students and volunteers can grow and thrive.
- Initiates and directs development of policies and procedures in conjunction with the SCA Committee. Develops and implements goals and strategic plans consistent with the SCA Mission and Vision Statements.
- Attends all SCA Committee meetings. Provides progress reports on specific objectives and financial status as needed. Prepares annual reports for the Elder Body in consultation with the SCA Committee. Acts as liaison between the staff and the SCA Committee.
- Oversees the development of the school calendar in conjunction with the SCA/SBC staff. Maintains a system for proper scheduling of events including use of the facility.
- Manages all personnel of SCA. Makes recommendations to the Elder Body on staff changes and to the Deacon Body on salaries and benefits. Directs staff in duties, maintains written job descriptions, and conducts regular evaluations. Monitors certification
and licensure status. Develops and implements professional growth and development program.
- Prepares the annual budget, then reviews with the church treasurer and financial secretary and submits to the Combined Body of Elders and Deacons for approval. Authorizes expenditures. Reviews monthly financial reports with SCA Committee. Promotes fiscal
- Promotes relationships with area churches and the community. Ensures adequate and accurate communications with SCA constituents. Oversees preparation and distribution of SCA literature and monitors content of SCA website. Advertises SCA and its educational
philosophy for recruitment and enrollment.
- Oversees the planning, organization and promotion of God-honoring fundraising and planned giving programs. Approves all fundraising activity in compliance with all SBC By-Laws. Specific Programs include: EITC Scholarship Program; Sustained Giving Program;
alumni program. Oversees record-keeping of gifts and ensures donors are thanked appropriately.
- Incorporates the school’s philosophy into the curriculum and activities. Provides guidance and leadership in the review and approval of instructional materials. Ensures materials are biblically and academically sound. Oversees chapel services and speakers.
- Interviews new families and builds rapport with all SCA families.
- Oversees Terra Nova and standardized testing processes. Implements improvement plans and monitors students’ progress. Meets with CSIU personnel to address students requiring additional assistance.
- Oversees the evaluations of students. Evaluates students for learning enhancement or remediation in the Alternative Learning Lab (ALL).
- Oversees the disciplinary process and intervenes as necessary. Handles all suspensions and Training in Righteousness sessions.
- Takes necessary steps to ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers and students at SCA. Establishes and oversees an effective crisis plan.
- Oversees the approval of all extra-curricular activities; supports programs by periodic attendance.
- Demonstrates Christ –like attitude and strong commitment to Christian education and discipleship
- Demonstrates superior organizational and communication skills and ability to work with others
- Fulfills requirements for an Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) administrator.
- Ability to keep detailed, accurate records and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates strong understanding of biblical stewardship and management of resources
- Active in a Gospel preaching church