KINGWOOD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Position: Vine Worship Leader - Full Time
Reports To: Lead Pastor in Vine Worship
General Responsibilities: To provide pastoral and musical leadership to the worship ministries of Kingwood United Methodist Church.
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each contemporary worship service and special programs. Although the lead pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor
will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her
to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. This includes building
relationships within the community and serving towards KUMC’s vision to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him, seeking to love God and love people more each day
2. Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry with 3-5 years of experience
3. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
4. Experience working within a church staff
1. A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
2. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
4. Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
5. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
6. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, ProPesenter, and video projection.
7. Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
8. A self-starter
9. A team player with a positive attitude.
Specific Responsibilities as Worship Leader:
1. Planning and musical leadership for The Vine Contemporary Worship Service
2. Oversight, training, and leadership of Student worship team
3. Recruit, train, encourage, and spiritually lead individuals to serve within a musical capacity and be present in the spiritual lives of band volunteers
4. Give oversight to the physical maintenance of the musical instruments used in contemporary worship which may be owned by the church
5. Provide a vision for the overall functionality and creativity of The Vine (environment, sound, lights, set-up, etc.)
6. Prepare or assist in the preparation of annual budget requests, including the use of both operating and designated monies.
7. Attend and participate in worship planning sessions with the pastors and others as appropriate
8. Subject to time availability, work cooperatively with such district and conference programs as shall complement and benefit the ministry of KUMC and the broader
interests of the Kingdom of God
9. Other such duties as may be assigned by the presiding pastor/supervisor and appropriate
for the skills and abilities of the individual
Submit Video/Audio sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org