- A follower of Jesus Christ, with a mature walk and consistent witness, maintaining a courteous and Christ-like attitude and outlook.
- Professional communication skills - phone and email
- Ability to relate to Christians of various denominational backgrounds and the general public
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of experience in event planning, budgeting and administration
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and mapping programs such as Google Maps or MS Streets and Trips
Your responsibilities will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Be an advocate and ambassador for Watoto
- Raise awareness and support for Watoto, influencing and challenging people to become involved in the rescue of parentless children in Africa
- Promote, schedule and coordinate a 6 month tour for the Watoto Children’s Choir each year. Arrange for evening concerts every day, except Monday, and 2 concerts on Sunday.
- Arrange for camp/church accommodations at beginning of tour, mid-tour break and end of tour
- Ensure that the choir’s team clothing is purchased according to budget prior to tour
- Communicate clear expectations to host churches and answer any questions they may have
- Update the tour itinerary on the website regularly
- Send confirmation packs to host churches 2 months in advance of the concert
- Phone the church 2 weeks prior to the concert to ensure they are prepared and organized
- Prepare the I-129 visa petition for Executive Director’s signature 4 months in advance of choir’s arrival
- Work with the Retail Coordinator to plan merchandising for the tour
- Plan and manage the tour budget
- Be a team player in the office
- Any other duties that may be assigned
This position is based in our Tampa, FL office.