Salem Media Group is looking for an Account Executive in St. Louis, Missouri. The chosen person will help local business owners turn their visions into reality through the synergy of radio and digital advertising – integrated to inform and engage our listeners
and community. Chosen candidate will represent both of Salem Media Group’s St. Louis stations, The Answer 1380 AM & 105.3 FM and Praise 95.1 & 1260 AM. This is a great opportunity for the right sales professional to step into a thriving media consultant
role and join the team at Salem Media Group, America’s leading Christian and conservative multi-media corporation.
This full-time employment opportunity provides financial rewards while being part of a team-oriented, high-integrity work culture. You will enjoy making a positive impact on your clients’ business growth while you personally develop and stretch your professional
sales abilities. Our Account Executives work primarily in the field meeting with business owners, helping owners grow their business through the synergy of radio and internet advertising.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in developing new business and building flourishing territories in a highly competitive market.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Meet and exceed company directed sales quotas
- Find, develop, sell and service new local spot, program and digital accounts
- Create multi-media advertising solutions for our advertisers incorporating spot, web, streaming, print, and other digital media
- Maintain impeccable standards for advertiser service
- Collect amounts due from advertisers in conjunction with the business department
- Monitor direct response campaigns to ensure goals are being met in a timely fashion
- Provide timely accurate projections/forecast reports
- Prepare accurate and timely expense reports
- Maintain sales expenses at or below budget
- Monitor broadcast agreements for accuracy
- Develop relationships deep in the advertiser’s organization
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships in a fast paced environment
- Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated trait
- Ability to overcome objections
- Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation as this is an outside sales position and meeting clients, both new and old, is a must for this position
- (5) years radio, television and/or outside media sales experience preferred but not required
- Background check required
About Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher, targeting audiences interested in Christian and family themed content and conservative values.
Salem owns and operates 112 radio stations, with 67 stations in the nation’s top 25 markets – and 30 in the top 10. Each of our radio stations has a full portfolio of broadcast and digital marketing opportunities.
In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news, and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading
Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, a leading publisher of Christian themed magazines.
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.