- IV. Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Ministry and Program Design and Oversight
- Provide oversight of all primary and secondary school-aged youth and youth staff. Assure youth groups maintain a balanced program of spiritual, physical, personal and social growth and development.
- Plan and effectively execute a variety of youth ministry events and programs consistent with the fulfillment of the vision of the church. To include but not limited to, Youth Church (fully staff and operating Worship experience) and other Worship Services,
Lock-In, Off-Site Trips, etc.,
- Recruit, train and supervise all youth workers pertaining to the oversight and execution of Youth Programs.
- Cultivate and engage all youth of the church in the program of Youth-4-Truth.
- Assures proper care of facilities used by the Youth Ministry.
2) Membership Management and Care
- Develop an appropriate relationship with Youth to orchestrate openness and connection with children and youth.
- Build supportive and mutually respectful relationships by spending quality time with families with children and youth. Also, builds strong relationships with the adult members of the church and strives to engage them in the ministry to families with children
- Build. create, and nurture positive relationships with children and youth by engaging in and interacting with their school programs, academic progress, sporting events, club and community activities.
- Assist Senior Pastor/CEO in responding to the needs of youth and their families (emergency response, bereavement care, counseling, etc.,)
- Maintain effective leadership and responsibility for each youth program. Provide appropriate support and assistance to youth staff team.
- Provide formal and informal leadership training for youth staff team.
- Recruit, develop and engage with the team of youth staff and volunteers to assure effective of Youth Ministry.
- Evaluate and facilitate growth and development of all youth staff team.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to Senior Pastor for use of teaching materials and methods utilized in all youth programs.
- Serve as a resource/advisor for all youth staff.
4) Administrative Responsibilities
(a) Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program, throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
(b) Pre-schedule all activities in their entirety, including post-activity plans. Publish to staff, parents, and youth in a timely fashion.
(c) Be fully engaged in operational functioning of the church. To include, staff meetings, joint staff training, group projects, etc.
(d) Complete and submit any required paperwork or expectations as directed by the Senior Pastor/CEO.
5) Other Ministerial Duties:
- Provide leadership, organization, and teaching to Morning bible study.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and coordination for BBFCTT ministry planning process (PBWorks, etc.).
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor/CEO.
% of Time
- V. Demonstrated Experiences:
1) Exhibits and demonstrates, behaviorally, in writing and verbally, your profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
2) Capable of creating and executing a long-term and sustainable strategy for Youth and Families, consistent with the BBFCTT vision.
3) Minister with a vision, passion, and calling for age-appropriate ministry to families with children and youth.
4) Demonstrated experience in developing and managing creative and dynamic children and youth programs and ministries.
5) Self- motivated leader with perseverance and strong results orientation.
6) Creative thinker and problem solver. Capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for the ministry to children and youth.
7) Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to and gain the confidence of children and youth.
8) Astute and comfortable with the use of social media to communicate and connect with families with children and youth.
9) Skilled in the use of computer office software applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
10) Preferred Qualifications include – Three to five years in youth ministry to include all ages groups from pre-school through high school.
11) College/University and/or Seminary Degree desired in appropriate discipline.