The Church at South Lake is a dynamic, gospel-centered church in a fast growing suburb of Orlando. With a vision to help people find their place in the story of God and a strategic focus on reaching families and serving our community, we have experienced
significant growth over the past few years. We are looking for the right person to join our team that can help us strategically become better positioned to further the gospel locally, nationally and globally.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff in the implementation and accomplishment of the church’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s demographic, insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of three year goals.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures (KPMs). that provide the staff with clear and effective evaluation of ministry effectiveness.
- Work with the staff and Finance Team to develop the annual financial budget that funds the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
- Oversee quarterly staff performance reviews and yearly performance review of each staff members Ministry Action Plan (MAP) based on agreed upon key performance measures (KPMs).
- Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience as a senior leader in a church or corporate business environment. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or other related field is preferred. Master’s work in Biblical studies
is a plus. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and character.