Lucas Valley Community Church
San Rafael, CA 94903
The Worship Director at Lucas Valley Community Church will be responsible for the planning, preparation, leadership and coordination of all aspects of the musical and creative expression portion of our weekend services. This person will be the leader and
teacher for our worship team, striving to present a consistently meaningful and high quality corporate worship experience each week. This is a creative part time position that requires someone with a passion for music, a creative edge, and a heart for God.
- Plan the musical and creative expressions portion of our corporate worship services in consultation with the pastors.
- Schedule, organize, and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Coordinate the leadership of congregational worship.
- Oversee the sound, light and media aspects of the services.
- Develop the worship team by recruiting and coaching musicians and vocalists.
- Maintain the schedule of musicians, vocalists, and AV volunteers.
- Schedule qualified alternate leadership when away.
Skills and Qualifications
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ seeking to know, love and serve him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- A creative edge in the use of music and multimedia technology.
- Strong vocal skills.
- Proficiency in playing piano and/or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Ability to lead worship and engage a diverse congregation.
- Minimum of 1 year of contemporary worship experience.
Terms of Employment & Compensation
- The Worship Director will report to the Pastor.
- This position will take approximately 8-10 hours per week and will be compensated at $250 - $300 per week depending on experience.
- Position includes two weeks of paid vacation to be taken as approved by Pastor.
- No vacation is to be taken during Holy Week or Christmas.
For more information or to apply send a resume and introductory email to email@example.com