I. Position Summary:
The Assistant, FBA Bookstore is responsible for assisting the Manager, Bookstore in the daily operations associated with the retail bookstore including but not limited to cash handling responsibilities, report analysis and generation, merchandise and inventory,
as well as greeting and assisting bookstore guests with product sales, inquiries and issues.
II. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for all retail bookstore cash transactions including the daily operations of the cash registers, deposits, and balancing register.
- Assists with the maintenance of inventory including purchase orders and special requests, verify receipt of and reconciling packing slips with PO’s, point of sale software and system tracking of items ordered and received, promotional offers, pricing, labeling,
discounting, stocking and storage of inventory.
- Interact with bookstore customers on material inquiries, problem resolutions, and purchases.
- Assist with the training and daily supervision of bookstore volunteers.
- Maintain bookstore office supplies and ordering as needed
- To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A current church member of FBA or enrolled in First Class and willing to become a member of FBA within the first three months of employment.
- High School Diploma required, Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous retail experience required preferably in a bookstore environment.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends (Sunday’s required).
- Three years working knowledge of accounting principles and cash handling experience required.
- High level of interpersonal skills associated with an extraordinary customer service commitment to responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the department and the Church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible with a sense of urgency to shift priorities to meet departmental requirements.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills essential.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) and Point of Sale software.