Job Title: Worship Director & Youth Group Leader
Reports To: Pastor-Elders, coordinates with Lead Pastor
Supervises: Worship Team, AV Team, Welcome Center
Position Status: Full Time
Lakeside is a non-denominational congregation of 170 seeking to strengthen its mission to reach our community, help disciples take the next step in their relationship with Jesus and meet the needs of families. Sterling Heights is one of the major northern
suburbs in metro Detroit. It is a diverse and family friendly community, with a strong manufacturing presence and miles of trails and parks running along the Clinton River
The Worship Director & Youth Group Leader is responsible for the music ministry of the church and the Youth Group. He or she will be responsible for the planning and development of the worship/music ministry of the church for Sunday Services and other opportunities
and for the planning and leading of the Youth Group Ministries (7th - 12th grade). We are primarily looking for someone who can engage people in worship and stir hearts with a passion for Christ and His church.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve in a way that is consistent with Lakeside Bible Chapel’s mission, values and beliefs. This is a ministry of the church; the person in this position will be extending the ministry of the church to our staff, our members, and the surrounding community.
- Craft effective worship services, in partnership with the Lead Pastor
- Coordinate the presentation of worship on Sunday mornings.
- Lead congregational worship services.
- Plan and arrange an “Order of Service” for worship services.
- Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- Seek to select and use music which brings glory to God and ministers to the congregation with appreciation for contemporary and traditional worship.
- Work with the staff on other music needs in the total church program.
- Meet weekly with the Worship and AV teams to coordinate and rehearse worship services.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
- Identify, recruit, and train gifted individuals, and encourage those persons as they become involved in the music ministry.
- Lead a weekly youth service/Bible study.
- Plan and coordinate additional youth activities.
- Disciple youth in their walk with Christ.
- Assist the staff in planning for and presentation of annual budgets and in overseeing expenditures of funds.
Job Skills and Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God.
- Ability to interface and work collaboratively with all levels of Church membership and staff.
- Ability to work independently, without supervision.
- Thorough understanding of the Bible, and agreement with Lakeside's statement of beliefs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to organize work effectively, be flexible and adaptable.
- Attested musical skills with ability to lead worship with keyboard or guitar.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Ability to relate to teens and be willing to be involved in their lives
- Three years’ experience in church related setting, including working with teens.
- Willing to become a member of Lakeside Bible Chapel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or Theology
- A/V Soundboard experience
- Experience with Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Loop Community, music production software