Remi Vista is in Northern California about 2 hours north of Sacramento. Redding is an outdoor paradise where camping, fishing, hiking, biking, hunting, boating, skiing both snow (Mt. Shasta) and water in Lake Shasta, and where you will find modern services
and amities. Remi Vista, Inc. is a dynamic organization where critical thinking and creativity are of the utmost importance. The Executive Director has been leading the organization for 42 years and is eager to listen to new ideas, creative programmatic design,
and believes in strong team participation where everyone has the opportunity to be heard. Grace is a value held in high esteem for those we serve and those with whom we work. Longevity in the organization is proven and is supported by internal advancement
whenever possible. Sponsorship to higher education, licensure or certification is reviewed by application through the supervisor and final approval by the Senior Management Team for possible assistance with furthering the employee’s educational goals. Currently
we have 2 open positions in Redding.
The Mental Health Services Therapist will provide mental health counseling services for clients and families in order to assist in making client's lives more productive, and contribute to the client's personal development. This position is primarily funded
through Medi-Cal but other sources of funding to provide therapeutic services may be available. THis job requires an intern license from the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
1. Do initial paperwork to open mental health cases according to Medi-Cal regulations and county policies and procedures.
2. Perform assessments of clients within timeframes specified by county contracts and regulations.
3. Develop and update treatment plans as required by county contracts and regulations
4. Keep records such as:(progress notes, daily summary, TAR's, BIP's and any other required forms) in order to justify services under Medi-Cal regulations plus any paperwork required by Remi Vista, Inc.
5. Submit all required paperwork on-time in accordance with agency and county contract specifications.
6. The therapist may be involved in providing individual and group therapy to clients in Remi Vista Group Homes, School Based Programs (SELPA), Community Counseling, Foster Care, Therapeutic Behavior Services (TBS), and to dually diagnosed Assertive Community
7. The therapist may be required to perform additional job related duties for the programs in 5 above as the actual duties in each program may vary.
8. Primarily provide individual and collateral services as specified by Medi-Cal, but also provide other therapeutic services to meet the needs of each program and / or client assigned. This may include groups, family workshops, family counseling, staff
9. Meet with Mental Health Services Program Director to insure proper delivery and documentation of services.
10. Provide any other job related services that may arise upon the discretion of the Mental Health Services Program Director.
11. The employee must consistently meet a productivity level of at least 65% of time being billable hours.
12. Be available for on-call crisis intervention, suicide assessment etc. for overall client safety.
13. Any other job related duties which may be assigned by the Corporate Clinical Director or District Director.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Possess high professional, ethical and moral standards.
2. Demonstrate knowledge in the areas of child development and pathology, child abuse, drug/alcohol abuse and parenting. Have a working knowledge of principles in changing behavior.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in applying an integrated approach to treatment in individual, group and family therapy.
4. Demonstrate leadership abilities and possess an interdependent style in working with others.
5. Promote effective communication with all sources of contact within the agency (administration, staff, and clients) and at
various agency and community levels.
6. Possess good organizational skills.
7. Must be in good mental health.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations
Must possess a Masters Degree in psychology, social work, or counseling and be eligible for PhD, Psy.D, M.F.T. / L.C.S.W. Intern license number and maintain good standing.