This position is a part-time, salaried position ministering to children and families of First Presbyterian Church and leading children’s programming. The Director of Children's Ministries will develop relationships with families by engaging and encouraging
the children and providing resources and consulting with parents as needed. Hours will include Sunday mornings and occasional other weekend work. It will require coordination with the whole of the church’s program staff as well as members of the Children’s
Ministry Team, which operates under the direction of the Grow Cluster, for the selection, planning and execution of all children’s activities birth to sixth grade.
Required Skills and Abilities
1. A love of God and a Christ-centered calling to work with families and children.
2. Knowledge of the Bible, child development, and willingness to teach Presbyterian beliefs and traditions.
3. Leadership and team building skills to recruit, train and coordinate adult volunteers.
4. Ability to initiate and direct children’s activities, which will foster an atmosphere for spiritual growth in our children.
5. Ability to teach and lead Biblically-based lessons for birth through grade 6.
6. Ability to relate to children in a variety of settings.
7. Ability to develop and operate within a budget.
8. Prior experience in ministry and children’s programming preferred.