POSITION AVAILABLE AT CONVERGE
-ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES-
This important position demands an outgoing person who is willing to provide exceptional service to all Converge constituents including local churches, pastors, lay leaders, district leadership and international ministries. Administrative assistant experience
and knowledge is required. This position would serve as the hub of communication for all International Ministries. They must be a team player who is willing to work hard in a collaborative way with a small group of equally dedicated people to fulfill the
mission of Converge. They must be detail-oriented, love to achieve excellence, be a self-starter and thrive with routine.
Please feel free to visit our web-site www.converge.org or send your resume to Lisa Johnson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Converge is an equal opportunity employer. We are a “faith” organization and would expect any candidate would want to affirm and identify with our values and faith statement.
1) Serve the Executive Director efficiently in providing quality leadership of International Ministries.
2) Provide exceptional service to all Converge Worldwide constituents including local churches, pastors, district leadership and international missionaries.
3) Devise and manage systems that productively manage administrative work for the Exec Director of International Ministries.
4) Assist with Leadership Team communications, meetings and implementation of tasks as needed.
5) Serve as needed in carrying out the responsibilities of the International Ministries office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communication – serves as the hub of communication for International Ministries, which includes: correspondence; regular communications to global staff and IM leadership; department calendar; maintain missionary contact information, oversees social activities
for IM, assists in website content and updates; etc.
- Serves Leadership Team – assists the International Leadership Team in acquiring needed information for effective collaboration together; communicating meetings, agendas, and minutes; assists with expense reports as needed; embodies an attitude of service
to our IM Leadership Team.
- Legal – records and maintains minutes for staff meetings; maintains missionary correspondence and legal documents; produces legal documents for governments worldwide, including visa application processes.
- Travel and Meetings – Coordinates speaking engagements for the department; Handles travel requirements and arrangements for Exec. Director; handles visas and other necessary documentation for international travel; provides hotel arrangements and hospitality
for guests; helps coordinate all “off-site” staff meetings, missionary summits and meetings; Coordinates housing and meal functions for all “in-house” missionary training events and meetings.
- General Administrative – Handles requests from donor partners and churches; Fields all general correspondence and Phone inquiries regarding IM; Handles reports and inquires for sister mission agencies; Coordinates missionary and IM details for national
meetings; uses our constituent management software in the day to day management of International Ministries information and event/meeting planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Complete familiarity with basic computer functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Has a proven record of quality administrative experience. A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Has a high efficiency in the English language, including the ability to write with a professional level of grammar. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Demonstrates great ability with communication including diplomacy and discernment. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public.
Ability to handle numbers well, including to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. Notary Public should be obtained.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Travel will be required for occasional meetings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.