POSITION STATUS: Ministerial Staff
SUPERVISES: Children’s Lay Teachers, Children’s Lay Leaders, Childcare Workers (Paid/Unpaid)
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
Who we are:
First Baptist Church (FBC) has been committed to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in downtown Everett and surrounding communities for 125 years. We have a rich and vibrant history of being a church which goes beyond our walls and out into our neighborhoods
to share the love of Christ to all. We want everyone, young and old, to not only hear about the name of Jesus but to personally experience Jesus through relationships with our church family. Our mission is to “Connect Real People to Jesus Christ through Real
One of our greatest treasures here at FBC is our children, so we are looking for someone who has the heart and passion for children and their families. Our Children’s & Families Pastor must be a team player and willing to invest in children, parents and
leaders so they can become who God created them to be. Not only do you need to be a strong builder but you also need to develop and implement a children’s ministry plan and budget for children ages 0 through grade 5 and for their families.
Lead in the development and implementation of children’s ministries for children ages 0 through grade 5 which contributes to their growing commitment to Christ, along with their families. It is recognized that a Children’s & Families Pastor has a ministry
beyond children to include the entire family.
Essential Job Functions:
A successful candidate will be able to build authentic relationships with children, parents and leaders pointing them to a real relationship with Jesus Christ. Here are FBC we understand this real relationship to reflect a commitment to the person of Christ,
connection to the body of Christ and contributing to the mission of Christ. Also as part of leading the Children’s Ministry Team you will develop are expected to develop an annual children’s ministries plan which evaluates existing ministries, identifies new
ministries, and recommends changes as appropriate for inclusion in the succeeding year’s preliminary budget. Ministries are to be designed to disciple children and their families toward a growing commitment to Christ and to each other.
- Serve as the primary vision caster and leader for children’s and their family’s ministry.
- Invest in leaders by recruiting, training, motivating, supervising, and providing pastoral care to all children’s teachers and leaders.
- Give oversight to the Sunday and mid-week children’s programs.
- Develop or select discipleship curriculum and programs for children, ages 0 throughgrade 5, which can be used by trained lay teachers and leaders.
- Develop and implement a life group strategy for children’s ministry.
- Keep accurate children’s ministry financial records to ensure the budget is maintained.
- Manage the child care programs of the church as well as submit childcare workers hours for payroll.
- Develop materials and schedule classes that would see children grow in their commitment to Christ, grow in their connection in the body of Christ and grow in their confidence to contribute to the mission of Christ.
- Provide opportunities for families by offering parenting workshops, faith development classes, and family-oriented classes and activities where parents and children could learn together.
- Work closely with the Pastor to Students to help children make a healthy transition to Student Ministry.
- Work closely with LG Pastor to better ensure knowledge of parent’s spiritual growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee children’s safety; Background checks.
- Follow up for guests, missing kids and their families.
- Be in a life group yourself and your spouse.
- A balanced personal life which provides for spiritual, physical, and mental growth for him/herself and family.
- A passion for reaching children with the Good News about Jesus and seeing them grow in their faith.
- A high value on family and a desire to see parents become disciplers of their children.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- A team player and a team builder.
- Coachable and teachable.
- Communicate effectively with children and families.
- Courage and willingness to initiate growth in the discipleship ministries.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise children’s teachers and leaders.
- Expand existing and develop new discipleship ministries.
- Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
- Interpret and use Scripture accurately.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with teachers and leaders.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Has served in a multi-staff congregation.
- Proven experience to lead children’s ministries and families.
- Five years experience in children’s ministries.
- Bachelor’s degree (education) or equivalent experience in children’s ministry.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education.