Development Director Job Description
Position: Development Director
Reports To: Superintendent
Time Requirements: Ongoing, annual position with seasonal hours based on project needs.
The Development Director is contracted by the school administration with careful consideration of personal character, spiritual leadership, professional training and experience realizing that they are a role-model of Christ-likeness to all students. The
Development Director shall adhere to the standards and conditions of the Northshore Christian Academy Personnel Manual and Faculty Handbook and desire to abide by the requirements within. This position will be responsible for the coordination and management
of all fundraising events and programs for Northshore Christian Academy. The formost responsibility will be the implementation of the organization's fundraising events such as the ‘walk-a-thon’, auction, annual giving program that includes grandparent giving
and grantwriting, fund raising efforts. Work will be performed with a high degree of independence under the direction of the Superintendent. Assist with Marketing projects as directed.
Mission & Purpose: To assist school administration in providing quality Christian education and helping in the smooth and efficient operation of Northshore Christian Academy.
Qualifications For This Position:
- Active Christian attending an Evangelical church
- Profession of personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Previous experience in fund development such as fundraising events, annual giving, planned giving, capital campaigns.
- Experience with CRM, donor development, major goving and annual fund raising.
- Demonstrated success in working with donors and school consituents in a professional role.
- Demonstrated success in building and sustaining volunteer teams in order to accomplish an event.
- The ability to initiate and maintain successful collaborative ventures with funders and institutions.
- Capable of using advanced skills in computer programs to produce publications and spreadsheets.
- Ability to follow directions and follow through on assigned tasks, to completion, in a timely manner.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with students, parents, staff, and church personnel.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to quickly adapt to new and changing priorities.
- Willingness to learn and seek new knowledge and skills to improve effectiveness.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and judgement in making decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Direct major fundraising events: Walk-a-Thon, Auction, Annual Fundraising
- Coordinate and execute the solicitation of individual and corporate donor prospects for NCA
- Build and implement short and long-term action plans for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding fundraising events, donors, corporations and partners.
- Represent Northshore Christian Academy in a professional and ethical manner
- Assist in the public relations partnership internally and externally with the community at large
- Seek grants that benefit the school
- Assist with communication efforts with alumni families
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent
- Assist with marketing projects as directed
- Knowledge of fundraising, concepts of major giving and donor development
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of fiscal accountability and financial management
- Knowledge of program development, community relations
- Sound administrative skills and computer/technology proficiency
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer knowledge which would allow for working with the existing donor base/ RenWeb and donor management tool/donor connection
- Leadership and management skills to work effectively with the board, staff and volunteers
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques to reach organizational goals
- Have high integrity and moral character, supporting the mission, philosophy, policies and ideals of Northshore Christian Church and Academy
- Maintain confidential information
- Thrive in both alone and self-starter environments and team environment
- Cooperates with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Keeps supervisors adequately informed of deficiencies and potential problem areas.
- Maintains a clean, attractive, well-ordered office desk and workspace
- Accepts a share of responsibility for extra-curricular activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Exercises friendliness and consideration, treating each student impartially.
- Submits respectfully and is loyal to constituted authority.
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, and good taste. Dresses in a professional manner.
- Uses acceptable English in written and oral communication. Speaks with clear articulation.
- Develops and maintains rapport with students, parents, teachers and staff to promote a positive learning environment.
- Recognizes the need for good public relations. Represents the school in a favorable and professional manner to the constituency and public.
Time Requirements: Ongoing, annual position with seasonal hours based on events and project needs.
- August 7th - June 25th
- School Calendar – 10-30 hrs. per week when school is in session, flexible schedule