To write and deliver social content and develop social media strategies that increase effective engagement with all ministries of the Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA) in order to expand audience interaction, promote brand awareness, increase
event and mission trip participation and ultimately increase ministry effectiveness.
- Create a schedule and communications plan for all social media posts and upcoming content.
- Create content of posts and tweets to all applicable outlets using social media best practices.
- Partner with all CMDA ministries, chapters, and commissions to ensure robust and insightful online messaging and relevancy.
- Ensure consistency of message and consistency of brand across multiple networks.
- Understand the global social media space in order to keep CMDA relevant and timely.
- Keep the CMDA presence active within new and/or trending social platforms.
- Daily maintain CMDA’s social media properties across multiple platforms and multiple audiences with differing personas by managing and scheduling regular posts according to social property type.
- Partner with other departments to promote specific events and engagements for the different functions of CMDA.
- Coordinate all online activity with the master marketing calendar.
- Track social media influence measurements, report on usage statistics, and use results to update and/or create content.
- Continuously monitor online properties and respond to follower comments and activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Character compatible with the Mission, Vision and Values of CMDA
- Self-motivated, conscientious, personable, service and detail oriented.
- Ability to graciously function in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in computer operation, database management, social media, typing, filing, information administration, and information security.
- Experience working in the faith-based non-profit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or other related field.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with media, vendors and fellow employees.
- Able to effectively communicate the mission of CMDA and articulate goals of various CMDA ministries to the media and the public.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Knowledge and understanding of the importance of optimizing SEO by aligning it with the overall social media plan. Recognizes the connection between exposure on social media and increased search rankings
and the importance of driving traffic to the ministry’s website through keywords and metadata.
- Social Content Expertise - Understands what type of content works best on what platform, optimizing content accordingly, and appreciates the different nuances of each platform. Knows how to properly engage differing audiences through social
media posts and interactions.
- Understanding Personas – Can learn how to best communicate with different CMDA audience members from multiple perspectives. Determines how to best handle all interactions within CMDA’s social media to promote healthy interaction and calls-to-action.
- Social media management tools – Possesses a knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the tools needed to schedule and post and how to use those tools to complement the marketing strategy at hand. Able to suggest additional tools to
keep CMDA relevant and efficient due to a deep knowledge of social media platform trends.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools – Can learn the use of CRM tools such as Active Campaign and Hatchbuck, integrating social media content into nurturing campaigns for membership development and retention, participating in GHO
short-term medical missions trips, and other CMDA activities.
- Copywriting skills - The ability to convey ideas in a clear and precise way so that audience members can easily understand the messages communicated on our social media channels. The ability to create an ongoing positive sentiment towards
the CMDA brand.
- Visual Intelligence - Knows what images will work, and when, across social media platforms. Retains a general knowledge of design in order to create visually appealing graphics to coordinate with appropriate posts. Recognizes relevant and
quality video, and most importantly has a firm grasp of social video trends and how they fit into each network.
- Graphic design ability. Use of Photoshop, InDesign, and publishing tools such as Buffer, HootSuite, TweetDeck, Photofy or similar products.
- Experience in missions or other ministry settings