In collaboration with the Vice President, Programs, the Director of Children’s Ministries provides visionary and operational leadership for MHA’s Redwood Camp, which serves campers going into 2nd – 6th grade, during the summer and provides
leadership to the children’s ministry programming during MHA’s summer family camps as well as 4-6 conferences and events for children during the October - April timeframe, in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values..
Key Job Accountabilities
- Provide visionary and operational leadership to MHA’s Redwood Camp for the 11 week summer camping season. This includes 2 weeks of staff training and 9 weeks of camp.
- Work closely with the program team to develop the program, curriculum and theme for the Redwood Camp summer program, as well as family camp summer program.
- Plan and program 4-6 children’s ministry weekend events per year focused on ministering to children and their families.
- Serve as primary director to hire and train all children’s ministry staff and interns at MHA, including Redwood Camp and MHA Family Camp summer staff.
- Serve as primary liaison other MHA departments to prepare Redwood Camp and other children’s ministry locations for both the summer camping season and for non-summer month usage.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for supervising Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Children’s Ministry Intern(s) year round, and oversight of all children’s ministry summer staff.
A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the
organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
- Minimum College degree, seminary degree preferred.
- Camp/conference center experience is required.
- Conference and event planning is required.
- Experience in developing event themes and curriculum as well as prop/set design preferred.
- 2-3 years’ supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write Bible-based curriculum.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to lead others.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to see things through to completion.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a professional manner.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Position requires walking, and climbing up/down stairs and ladders. Additional requirements include sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, pushing and pulling, hearing, and grasping.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Adherence to the basic principles as expressed in Mount Hermon’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment statements.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply at mounthermon.org/jobs
*This job description reflects essential functions of this position. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.