We are looking for a man of God who loves Jesus and loves students in His name. Winchester is a smaller community of about 7000 with around 400 students in the High School.
A successful candidate will have at least a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, Bible or Ministry degree preferred but not required. While this position is expressly to fill a Student Ministry role, we are especially interested in
candidates who may have a background or gifting in child/family ministry as well. Also, bonus points if you play electric guitar and would be excited to join our worship team from time to time!
Please respond to this posting by sending your resume through the channels provided by this website. Links to video examples of your teaching or anything else that would help us get to know you are appreciated.
- To serve as youth pastor of the church, reaching and discipling Middle School and Senior high students at the East Street Congregational Christian Church.
- Lead volunteer staff and youth in reaching and discipling other Middle School and Senior high youth of the church and Randolph County.
- Serve as the person responsible for the selection of teachers for the Junior and Senior High classes and small group leaders.
- To be familiar with but not responsible for Early Childhood ministries, giving oversite direction and vision of children and student ministries.
- Model a dynamic Christian life.
- Build and maintain relationships with children, students, and families.
- Teach the youth God’s plan of salvation and help them to grow in the depth of their faith and in their ability to serve the Lord.
- Recruit, train, and develop volunteer adults and youth as leaders for the Middle School and Senior High student ministries.
- Provide spiritual counsel for sturdents and their families.
- Develop effective means of discipling youth individually.
- Developing and evaluating short term (1 year) and long term (3-5 years) vision for student ministries.
- Develop plans for effective student outreach in our community.
- Coordinate communication to families of children and students.
- Oversee and develop student ministry budgets.
- Coordinate and lead yearly summer camp or short-term mission trip for Middle and High School Students.
- Lead Student Worship, developing Student Worship Team as opportunity and gifting arises.