Job Title: Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator
Area/Location: Portland, Oregon
Reports to: City Director
Date Submitted for Revision: 8.17.17
Job Description Approved: 8.18.17
Classification: Coordinator/Full Time Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $14.50 per hour, DOE
The Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator is a key position for our small team here in Portland. As the first point of contact, you will represent Cityteam in person, over the phone, and via email. You must be professional and have the soft-skills
necessary to answer questions, encourage participation, and advocate for Cityteam. You will act as a liaison between the City Director and other divisions and departments of Cityteam. You will support our team with your amazing administrative skills, positive
attitude, and heart for service. In addition, you will assume responsibility for the recruitment, training, scheduling, and ongoing support of individual and group volunteers.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized and thrive on details, reports, bookkeeping, event planning, and project management. No two-days are ever the same, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable being flexible and can deal with surprises and
unexpected twists with grace. You must be able to interact with our rescue and recovery clients with the utmost integrity, respect, and with appropriate personal boundaries. It is important that you have strong written and verbal communication skills, proven
interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle conflict resolution in a Christ-like manner. To fit in with our team, you'll need to be flexible, teachable, able to work both independently and collaboratively, have a great sense of humor, and be passionate
and willing to care for the most vulnerable people in our community. If you love Jesus and are interested in joining the team of one of Oregon Business Magazine's Top 100 Nonprofits to Work for in 2016, then send us your resume and complete the online application.
- General Administrative Duties: answer phones, handle correspondence, open and distribute mail, order supplies, file, take and distribute meeting minutes, run errands, and coordinate calendars.
- Bookkeeping Administration: Manage petty cash, including distribution and replenishment of funds, prepare monthly reconciliation and replenishment reports, and maintain interest checking account.
- Donations: Take inventory of Gift in Kind donations, provide stats to Corporate Office, and occasionally pick up donations from the community.
- Support the Portland team by processing and submitting reimbursements, expense reports, invoices, time sheets, and purchase orders to the Finance Department.
- Event Planning: Assist team with special events, including scheduling the events and planning meetings, taking and distributing meeting notes, enlisting volunteer help, gathering supplies, following-up on action items, and hosting the event.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the City Director.
- Collaborate with Program Managers and Corporate Volunteer Program Supervisor to create volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Manage Volunteer Hub, capture volunteer data, and submit reports as requested. Ensure accurate tracking of volunteer hours by having volunteers sign in and out using the Volunteer Kiosks.
- Interview, schedule, train, and supervise volunteers.
- Oversee the confidential volunteer background check process, including paperwork, processing, tracking, and communication.
- Be detail oriented without sacrificing relationships.
- Represent Cityteam and promote volunteer opportunities at churches, companies, and other community organizations.
- Advocate for Cityteam with those in your circles of influence.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other teambuilding activities.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and sit for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, & kneel
- Walk up and down stairs
- Talk and hear
- Occasionally lift, carry, or push up to 25 pounds
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum 2-years administrative experience
- Computer literate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
- Professional written and spoken communication skills
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License with a clean record
- No DUI in the past 10-years
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-years college education in business related coursework or equivalent business experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Familiarity with Cityteam, addiction, and homelessness
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Volunteer Hub, or other volunteer management software
- Experience facilitating meetings, groups, or other functions
- Leadership experience
- This job typically operates in a professional office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position will occasionally interact with staff and volunteers in our ministry areas, including the Shelter, Dining Hall, and Kitchen.
- While infrequent, this position may interact with volunteers in a professional kitchen and be exposed to typical items such as a stove, knives, chemicals, etc.
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm, with occasional evenings and weekends.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all possible duties, activities, or responsibilities. These requirements may change at any time.