Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a Chief of Party (OFDA/FFP)
for our office in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). We have the opportunity to serve the Congolese people by bringing them physical aid, but most importantly, spiritual aid through sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Be a part
of leading our team to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people we serve in the DRC.
The Chief of Party (OFDA/FFP) has overall responsibility for the management of all project activities and staff in the OFDA/FFP Emergency Response Program. The Chief of Party is charged with leading a professional team (including direct
supervision of the Emergency Response Program Manager and the Food Security Program Manager) in the accomplishment of the OFDA/FFP objectives and sub-objectives
Description of Job duties:
- Direct and oversee the OFDA/FFP program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Organize and direct the work of program staff, providing supervision, training, and performance appraisals.
- Ensure project activities comply with international and SP standards and meet USAID rules & regulations.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels, and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and to appropriate SP DRC and IHQ staff.
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet SP and donor requirements.
- Discuss plans and strategies with relevant stakeholders, including government authorities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors and SP partners, to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project objectives.
- Make regular visits to project field sites, providing staff support, addressing programmatic challenges, and exploring future program possibilities.
- In collaboration with SPM and Program Development Officer (PDO), provide input on new project proposals and budgets.
- Discern, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Master's degree (M.A.) in Economics, International Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of international emergency response experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from 4-year college or university in Economics,
Development or Social Studies, with minimum of 6 to 8 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English; and ability to read, write and communicate fluently in French.
- Previous experience working overseas, preferably in Africa.
- Field level management experience.
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities.
- Familiarity with emergency response (Food, NFIs) and ability to understand donor and governmental requirements.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Familiarity with Cash Based Programming (CBP), specifically the voucher fair system.
- Familiarly with the cluster system, have strong representation and coordination skills.
- Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Multi-million budget management experience.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure. May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, and to hot and humid weather conditions.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is accompanied but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year