Samaritan's Purse (SP) is looking for a Pilot to serve full time with its East Africa aviation team to be based in
Arua, Uganda. We currently operate the following aircraft types from our main base in Eldoret, Kenya: DC-3T, King Air 200, and Cessna Grand Caravan.
The most important quality we are looking for is a heart to serve the Lord. We want a person who has felt God's leading to use their gifts, skills, and abilities in aviation to reach hurting people in remote parts of the world with the love and gospel of
Jesus Christ. Days often begin early and end late, uniforms get dirty loading aircraft, the landing zones and accommodations are rough, and the environment austere. What we do is expeditionary aviation.
Why we do it, more than anything else, will determine whether or not you should apply.
Description of Job duties:
- Files flight plans as needed or assigned.
- Obtains weather data and interprets data based on flight plan.
- Completes aircraft weight and balances for flights.
- Loads and unloads passenger's luggage in aircraft.
- Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
- Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight.
- Performs pilot duties as needed or assigned.
- Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of all SP hangars property.
- Performs pre-flights, in-flight test, and post-flights as needed to ensure safety of flight.
- Works with the FAA as assigned.
- Aircrew should expect to overnight away from home base approximately 35% of the time. Personnel should anticipate many of the locations being austere with few amenities. Showers, a hot meal, and even a bed may not be available. Sleeping in the aircraft
may at times be required.
- Be willing and comfortable working in remote environments, with little support structure, often in unstable areas or war zones.
- When humanitarian crisis arise, it may be necessary to temporarily deploy away from the home base for several weeks, and even up to 30 days at a time.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- 2,500 flight hours, 1,000 of which as PIC.
- FAA Commercial pilot SEL and MEL, Instrument licenses with a 1st Class Medical
- 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience or military equivalent.
- 3 years of Management/Leadership and administration experience.
- 2 years of living and/or working overseas with bush flying experience, desirable.
- ATP and/or CFI licenses, desirable.
This position is able to accommodate a family.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year