Change of 1 Ministry
Part to Full Time
Change of 1 (C1) is a not for profit Christian outreach center located in the heart of downtown
Gloversville, NY. The center primarily serves area youth and those in addiction recovery. The
Main Street storefront houses a walk-in style coffee house that has become a “safe haven” for
many in the community. C1 aims to enrich the lives of those in the community by meeting
them where they are, recognizing local needs and structuring ministry offerings to meet those
C1 is currently seeking a missions minded individual who has a passion for connecting people
with Christ, by sharing God’s love and truth, to fill the role of Executive Director. The
Executive Director is the key management leader of C1. The Executive Director is responsible
for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key
duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly
to the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will have experience with and be comfortable with working in a lowincome
urban setting. The potential for facilitating the growth of individuals thru spiritual
encouragement and building life skills is limitless. Candidates should be comfortable and
capable with cold-conversation and boundary setting. Ability to recognize the strengths of
individuals and nurture local volunteer relationships is also necessary. This is a unique
opportunity for someone with vision and team development skills. Leading by building
leaders. Candidates should also possess a willingness to work with various denominations as
it is a central goal of C1 to work in collaboration with local churches providing a hub for
service opportunities and outreach.
1. Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
a. Responsible for leading C1 in a manner that supports and guides the
organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
b. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a
timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function
properly and to make informed decisions.
2. Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the
financial health of the organization.
a. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of C1, to include submission to the Board of a
proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately
reflect the financial condition of the organization.
b. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within
the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance
of the organization in a positive financial position.
c. Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to
support C1’s mission.
3. Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the
mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community
a. Responsible for implementation of C1’s programs that carry out the
b. Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that C1 can successfully fulfill its
Mission into the future.
c. Responsible for the enhancement of C1’s image by being active and visible in
the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private
4. Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to
ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
a. Responsible for effective administration of C1 operations.
b. Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff, with Board
c. Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and
entered into on behalf of the organization, with Board approval.
Additional expectations for Executive Director:
- Address the needs of the surrounding community including youth outreach, addiction recovery, homelessness, community support and partnership.
- Organize and facilitate ministry outreach events such as: The Back to School Bash,Thanksgiving Dinner, Soccer Clinic or Youth Clilinic, VBS, recovery outreach and youth retreats and conferences etc.
- Maintain, conduct and facilitate outreach of Change of 1 Ministry's day-to-day community outreach center.
- Disciple, mentor, counsel and minister in the population of youth, addiction, special needs, and mental health.
- Oversee all public relations and community partnerships / outreach.
- Develop and facilitate various ministry groups including: Addiction Recovery, Special Needs Bible Study, Men's Bible Study and Youth Outreach.
- Network and speak with local and out-of-area churches to promote the vision and mission of the organization.
- Oversee all outreach materials and ministry newsletters or promotional materials.
- Partner with local Directors, Staff and Administrators of half-way houses, group homes and Mental Health organizations, public officials, first responders and community volunteers to better serve the Gloversville population.
Education and Competencies:
- Seminary Training or Ordination, Bible School
- Preference given to those with a background in missions, management, hospitality,counseling, youth ministry or addiction recovery.
- Vision and the ability to carry thru to completion
- Flexibility and problem solving skills
- Self-directed and highly organized
- Professional appearance
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis,decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program developmentand task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of C1’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Full time, exempt position
Benefits and Salary to be discussed
For more information visit www.Changeof1.com or contact our Board of Directors Chairman,
Pastor George Hopper at 518-863-8001 or Geo52hop@gmail.com