CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
Join the early learning professional teaching team at King’s Preschool; a dynamic and progressive early learning program. King’s Preschool is part of CRISTA Ministries and King’s Schools Preschool-12th grade Christian schools. We are looking for two assistant
teachers to support our lead teachers in a preschool classroom and a prekindergarten classroom. The Assistant Teachers will be joining a team of teachers who feel called to serve God’s youngest children with passion and excellence. The central focus of our
team is to connect with each child and family to encourage and support them with God’s love. The Assistant Teachers will teach and communicate with intention and passion and maintain a culture where all staff can thrive and grow professionally. A culture that
glorifies Our Lord and Savior and supports a positive culture for our teachers as well as the children and families that attend our school.
The Assistant Teacher is a critical part of helping our program keep the quality and consistency required when one of our lead teachers are unable to work. Do you have prior experience working with or teaching toddler, preschool age children or early elementary
age children or prior experience in children’s ministry? Do you desire the opportunity to guide young children with regard to their academic and social/emotional development? Do you want to be a part of helping set a solid foundation for their future? If this
is you, please copy paste the URL below into your browser or click on it to go directly to our site to read the full job description and to apply!
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
- Christian Commitment: Demonstrated Christian commitment and relationship with Jesus Christ and being active in a local church.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Prior experience working with or teaching toddler, preschool age children or early elementary age children or prior experience in children’s ministry.
- Must have the following, or be willing to obtain upon hire:
- Washington State required 20 hour basic training or show proof of a waiver.
- Child/infant CPR and first aid.
- HIV and blood borne pathogen training.
- Food handlers’ card.
- Proof of negative Tb skin test.
- Other certifications as deemed necessary by the state for work in a licensed Early Learning and Early Education facility.
- Other Considerations:
- Ability and commitment to work with multi-ethnic, culturally diverse student and parent population.
- Ability to work with the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and composure in a busy, open setting.
- Must have a patient, child-centered temperament.
- Must have strong ability to clearly communicate to young children as well as clearly communicate both verbally and in writing to parents.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their parents.
Do you want to be a part of helping set a solid foundation for their future? If this is you, please copy paste the URL below into your browser or click on it to go directly to our site to read the full job description and to apply!