POSITION AVAILABLE AT CONVERGE
-VP of Biblical Diversity-
The Vice President of Biblical Diversity to be a part of the Executive Ministry Team of the Converge national office. This person will work with the national office and districts in diversity matters and lead a national movement toward racial and ethnic
reconciliation efforts and a practical theology of justice in Converge.
While this position will involve oversight of areas of diversity training and racial and ethnic reconciliation, it will also include the expansion of our cultural ministries, such as the Filipino, Haitian and Vietnamese Ministry Expansion Teams (METs) and
our School of Latino Church Leadership as well as other cultural entities in order to expand our effectiveness into those groups and empower them to reach others.
Applicants should exhibit:
- Years of demonstrated servant leadership and vocational calling as a “bridge builder,” collaborator, and authentic partner across racial, gender, and other cultural divides within the historical, organizational, and sometimes theological challenges of complex
Ecclesiastical structures, networks, etc.
- Years of demonstrated conviction and vocational calling to ministries of reconciliation and biblical justice (since racial reconciliation and justice matters are often married).
- Knowledge and ability to articulate a robust biblical theology of diversity and racial/ethnic reconciliation.
- Ability to persuade, teach and build trust regarding key diversity and inclusion concepts and obligations.
- Has current and historical knowledge related to issues of discrimination.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and thinking concerning diversity and inclusion.
Please feel free to visit our web-site www.converge.org or send your resume to Lisa Johnson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Converge is an equal opportunity employer. We are a “faith” organization and would expect any candidate would want to affirm and identify with our values and faith statement.