This project seeks to awaken the Body of Christ to become watchmen on the wall. We are looking for content writers and editors.
This is a Full Time (30-40 hours per week) 1099 Contracting Position. Expected Duration is 8-10 Weeks.
Objective #1 – To encourage website visitors curious about the end times, or confused about Biblical doctrine, or wanting tools to train and equip the Body of Christ in their sphere of influence so they themselves multiply more watchmen. This will be
accomplished through the iamawatchman.com/.net/.org websites, which serve as a portal for instruction to three personas: (a) those that are experienced, strong, and mature believers that want to steward the training and equipping of the saints in their respective
neighborhood, workplace, or church; (b) those that know something is terribly wrong in the world today and need education and encouragement to strengthen their relationship with the LORD with a major concentration on fighting apostasy; and (c) those that are
exploring a relationship with Jesus because “now is the acceptable day of salvation…”.
Objective #2 – Develop a Bible Study suitable for Sunday School or Small Group study. There will be a leader and student version. The material will follow conventional book design and will be distributed for free electronically or for a nominal cost
to cover costs. The material for this study will be derived from the work performed to create the website(s).
Objective #3 – Over a period of time, create multiple language support for the website and eBook formats for people to download. This is a global initiative to reach believers all over the world and to also introduce people into a saving relationship
with Jesus. It is not required that the applicant have language skills as we have other sources for translation work.
1. This is a paid position, would strongly consider multiple people (2-3 or more) involved to accelerate the end result
2. Must be a Christ follower and desire to serve the LORD for the benefit of the Body of Christ…this is a calling
3. Must have excellent knowledge of the Bible (NASB preferred), be up to date on current events, and sense a growing urgency to reach the lost
4. Must have a passion for representing the Bible as it is presented, not to bend its truth for man-made opinions
5. Must have an excellent grasp of content editing, flow, and how to present complex Biblical doctrine in a God honoring way
6. Must be a great team player, sharing responsibility to bring project to successful conclusion, clear and mature communicator
7. Must have capacity to take on this project
8. Must have strong background in Word or similar word processor and comfortable using DropBox or similar for team communications
9. It is strongly desired to have a partnership mentality, contributing ideas, improvements and additional trusted content on a case-by-case basis
Trusted Influencers and Source of Content Workflow—We have curated a list of trusted sources of Biblical teaching taking the form of sermons found on YouTube.
The goal is to take-and-distill the message using the following methodology:
1. Listen/Watch/Read the sermon/article in its entirety taking key notes of Bible references, themes, and develop subject matter strategy
2. Pray and seek to represent the truth of the content in a Biblically sound way
3. Seek to keep written wrap-around verbiage (i.e. the words of the editor/writer) as minimum as possible so that the Word is what is highlighted not man-made explanations of the Word—where there is usually so much contention.
4. Seek to “connect” one or more Bible verses on the topic in a way that provides continuity of thought
5. There is room for the editor/writer’s individual voice, as a contributor to the overall mission of this website
6. Submit a draft when completed.
Preliminary Major Areas of Emphasis
1. Introduction -- this will introduce major tenants of our Faith in Jesus Christ. We take a Pre-Tribulation position...in other words, the Rapture can happen at any moment. We want to convey a sense of urgency to all believers because the sign of our
times are clearer than ever before. We want to reach the lost and encourage one another in His love.
2. Next 10 Prophesies -- this will discuss the Biblical Prophetic timeline and provide Scriptural evidence as such
3. The Messiah -- this will introduce the visitor to Jesus and establish Him as the only way to salvation
4. The Enemy of God -- this will explain who the deceiver is and what is going on with our culture and world. It will explain that the enemy is disguised as a light bearer who seeks our eternal separation from the LORD.
5. Call to Commitment -- this form will encourage the visitor to become a Watchman
Hourly pay rate is commensurate with background and experience. A weekly account of billable hours will be required.
These positions will be a 1099 Contractor position, not a W2 position. Each contractor is responsible for paying taxes, including self-employment taxes.