Join our family of 195 expats (135 teachers, 10 administrators, 10 non-working spouses and 40 children) working at a university in Central China.
No former teaching experience required. No Chinese ability required.
If you have a BA Degree you are encouraged to apply!
Deadline is April 10. Apply at www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/
We eat, work and play together during the 10 month school year. Watch this video and if you like what you see, continue reading below: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
20 Entry Level English Teachers for an American-style University in China. (no teaching degree required)
Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? Would you like to join a large Christian community overseas?
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we prefer those with a college degree, who loves travel, are flexible and enjoy mentorship. Teaching experience is not required. BA or BS Degree is a minimum requirement. If you don't have teaching
experience, we will refer you to an online TESOL training class for 120 hours of training so that you will qualify to teach overseas.
Apply for Fall Jobs by April 1 (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer).
Qualifications: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching.
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs.
Sias International University (SIAS) provides one of the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreign faculties. AIA is the official recruiting branch for SIAS.
Each year we hire 20 New Career Professional Teachers & 30 Conversational English Teachers at SIAS University (See Pictures of the SIAS Campus: bit.ly/SIU-Campus)
Approximately 55 of our 140 foreign faculties teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these
classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children.
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/ (family housing apartments are larger, request pictures if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Paid Holidays
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 4,500 - 9,500 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salary for higher degrees. (In 10 months it's possible to save $2000-4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save/
- BA Degree and TEFL Certificate recognized by the Chinese government or BA/BS Degree and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees. FYI, if you don't have a TEFL Certificate that's not a problem. We will email you details about how this
can be attained.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- The desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
Intro Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
School Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRbvVgcAeA&feature=youtu.be
Sample ESL Lesson: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN08fxD6Xwc&feature=youtu.be
FAQ: the best place to go to get a question answered or ask a question! www.academicsinasia.com/FAQ/
First step... Apply: www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/
PLEASE introduce yourself to us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 209-877-7427