GENERAL SUMMARY: Mission Statement Seattle Urban Academy is a positive, alternative, Christian educational community where high school students overcome risks and develop academic, social and spiritual maturityto graduate to higher education and sustained
employment. Teach assigned coursework in endorsement and assigned subject area(s) in alignment with Common Core State Standards and WA state learning standards. Establish a positive community of belonging and trusting relationships with students and guardians.
In collaboration with students/guardians/staff/community partners, assess, plan and facilitate student-centered development: academic, social, spiritual, community service, employment, career development, transitions to higher education and careers; incorporate
community partners in student development.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
- Christian Commitment: vital relationship with Christ; displays Christ-likeness
- Education: BA minimum
- Experience: 1 year minimum with urban youth development and teaching Common Core State Standards, WA state learning goals
- Licensure/Certification: Washington state teacher certification; degrees, endorsements, licensures, and/or certifications in subject areas
- Software and Equipment Used: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RenWeb, NWEA MAP
- Other Considerations:
- Must be mature and act with wisdom and integrity to build sound relationships with students and families, CRISTA, Seattle Urban Academy employees and the community at large.
- Attire, quality and punctuality of work in keeping with professional business standards.
- Able to work under pressure and with time limitations.