GENERAL SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant II helps empower CRISTA to meet its mission by supplying great accounting and finance support and excellent customer service. This position will provide general accounting as well as systems expertise and training to
internal customers. Additionally, the Sr. Accountant II will be a system administrator for the General Ledger system and the Online Banking platform and will be responsible for the internal controls surrounding access to these systems. The Sr. Accountant II
will prepare journal entries, complex reconciliations and audit schedules as assigned and help ensure monthly financial statements are both timely and accurate. This position conducts research, internal control reviews, prepares supporting schedules for tax
returns, prepares and performs special projects.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
- Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and spiritual maturity.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with computerized accounting systems, complex account reconciliations, and journal entries
- Minimum of 2 years experience teaching or training others
- Proven ability to review processes for operational efficiency and internal controls, as well as communicate both verbally and in writing regarding recommendations for improvements.
- Experience writing financial reports.
- Proven track record of being able to work with all levels and communicate financial related information as appropriate to each.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and customers.
- Other Considerations:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have problem solving capabilities and be able to quickly become proficient in a variety of software applications
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types as well as demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow.
- Software and Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.