Hiring Teachers for an American-style University Overseas (Entry Level English, Cross-cultural Communication, and Business Teachers)
No teaching experience required...
Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? Would you like to join a large Christian community overseas?
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees who love travel, are flexible and enjoy mentorship. We are looking for people who desire to travel and have a heart to mentor
students [teaching experience preferred, but not required].
Watch our intro video to learn if this community of intentional adventurers is what you are called to join: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
BA Degree is a minimum requirement. If you don't have teaching experience, we will refer you to a TEFL Certification recognized by the Chinese Visa office that will qualify you to get a work visa to teach overseas.
Apply by March 15 for Fall Jobs (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer).
Qualifications: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching.
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs.
Sias International University (SIAS) provides one of the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreign faculties. AIA is the official recruiting branch for SIAS.
Each year we hire 20 New Career Professional Teachers & 30 Conversational English Teachers at SIAS University (See Pictures of the SIAS Campus: bit.ly/SIU-Campus)
Approximately 55 of our 140 foreign faculties teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these
classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children. Other partner schools are looking to us for teachers, too. Learn more at jobs.academicsinasia.com/
We offer a variety of academic courses through the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business.
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for
preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or
work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/
(family housing apartments are larger, request pictures if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Paid Holidays
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 4,500 - 9,500 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salary for higher degrees. (In 10 months its possible to save $2000-4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save/
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and an approved TEFL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees. FYI, if you don't
have a TEFL Certificate that's not a problem, we can send you more information about how to get the right TEFL Certificate.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- The desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Degree needs to be from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
Intro Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
School Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRbvVgcAeA&feature=youtu.be
Sample ESL Lesson: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN08fxD6Xwc&feature=youtu.be
Follow: (see faculty stories via video and images)
We will interview til positions filled. Early applicants will have more opportunities presented to them.
Any questions? Visit our FAQ ( www.academicsinasia.com/FAQ/ ) and PLEASE introduce yourself to us!
Email email@example.com or Call Aaron at 209-877-7427
Want more info? Email me. Or, upload your resume here: www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/