We are taking applications for 5 Business Teachers for Fall 2018. The ideal candidate will have an MBA or an MA Degree.
No ablity to speak Chinese required. Free Chinese lessons for those that want to learn Chinese.
Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? Would you like to join a large Christian community overseas? You don't need teaching experience, we need your business and life experience in the classroom!
Outside of the classroom, we are looking for teachers who thrive in Christian community and are interested in being role models and mentors to students.
SIU offers a variety of academic courses, taught primarily through two departments: the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business (the School of International Education is a separate program offered through an American University).
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for preparation
and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We have 5 Openings for Fall 2018. We will place you in classes that you have life experience and passion to teach.
Here are some of our courses that our Foreign Faculty teach at SIU:
– Business Policy and Strategy
– Management Accounting
– International Settlements
– Business Negotiation and Skills
– Theory and Practice of Custom
– Strategic Management for Enterprises
– Futures Trading
– Corporate Governance
– Environmental Economics
– International logistics
– International Business Negotiation
– Currency Banking
See course descriptions here: www.academicsinasia.com/academics/
You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching.
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees who love travel, are flexible and enjoy mentorship.
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs. BA Degree is a minimum requirement. We are looking for people who desire to travel and have a heart to mentor students [teaching experience preferred, but not required]. If you
don't have teaching experience, we will refer you to an online TESOL training class for 120 hours of training so that you will qualify to teach overseas.
Approximately 55 of our 140 foreign faculty teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these
classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children. Learn more: www.academicsinasia.com/oral-english/. Our University, SIU, provides one of
the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 190 foreigners. Academics In Asia (AIA) is the official recruiting branch for SIU. Each year we hire 20 New Career Professional Teachers & 30
Conversational English Teachers at SIU (See Pictures of the Univeristy Campus: http://bit.ly/SIU-Campus)
Watch our intro video to learn if this community of intentional adventurers is what you are called to join: https://www.youtube.com/academicsinasia/
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample
time for preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience
or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
Apply by June 25th for Fall Jobs (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer).
BENEFITS: See www.academicsinasia.com/employment/
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/
(family housing apartments are larger, request pictures if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Paid Holidays
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 4,500 - 9,500 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salary for higher degrees. (In 10 months its possible to save $2000-4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save/
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and an approved TEFL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees. FYI, if you don't
have a TEFL Certificate that's not a problem, we can send you more information about how to get the right TEFL Certificate.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- The desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Degree needs to be from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
Intro Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
School Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRbvVgcAeA&feature=youtu.be
Sample ESL Lesson: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN08fxD6Xwc&feature=youtu.be
We will interview til positions filled. Early applicants will have more opportunities presented to them.
Any questions? Visit our FAQ www.academicsinasia.com/FAQ/ and PLEASE introduce yourself to us!
Email email@example.com or Call Aaron at 209-877-7427