BIG VALLEY GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH IS SEEKING AN
ELEMENTARY MINISTRY COORDINATOR
40 Hours per Week
Big Valley Grace is a Christ-centered church that worships every weekend in multigenerational gatherings, connects in authentic community, grows in obedience to God’s Word, serves others with our God-given talents, and reaches our local & global communities
with the love of Jesus.
BVGCC is seeking a dynamic Elementary Ministry Coordinator who is passionate about igniting a desire within children to have a genuine relationship with Christ, and encouraging and equipping parents to help their children grow spiritually. The successful
candidate will be responsible for teaching the Bible accurately and effectively to 1st-4th graders, as well as encouraging and equipping volunteers.
Reporting to the Director of Family Ministries, the Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and leadership of the Elementary Ministry, which includes: Aviators (Midweek program), Weekend ministries, Special Events, and Kids Campus (VBS)
- Recruitment, training and involvement of Elementary Ministry volunteers
- Effective management of the ministry’s budget
- Teaching weekly Bible lesson and life application
- Communicating effectively with parents and providing tools for their spiritual leadership
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Called to teach and mentor children
- Minimum of one year experience leading in Children’s Ministries or a related field
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, and being willing and able to work at a fast pace in a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility
- Maintain confidentiality, as appropriate
- Exercise discernment and wise judgment
- Strong attention to detail, with an eye for excellence
- Self-starter who is good at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Church membership and Weekend Gathering attendance
Screening for this position will begin immediately.
Applications are due by June 15. The position will remain open until filled. Applicants should e-mail a PDF resume to HR@bvg.org
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact Hrayr Santourian at (209) 577-1604 ext. 306.
All Applicants are subject to Life scan background check, credit check, and reference check.