FBC Medford (fbcmedford.org) is committed to serving Jesus by seeing God's grace through the gospel have eternal impact on our community. The people of FBC want to reach our community, region, and the world
with the message of salvation through Jesus Christ. We partner with other churches in CB Northwest (cbnw.org) as a covenant community of churches seeking to live in the truth and power of the gospel.
FBC Medford is seeking a Pastor of Student Ministries who will be responsible for the disciple making ministry to Middle School, High School, College, and Young Adults.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will work in collaboration with the other ministry staff to serve the ministry needs of the people at FBC and our community. Some of the important responsibilities of the Pastor of Student Mnistry include:
- Create and execute a long-term vision for the student ministry in collaboration with the other ministry leaders at FBC Medford (Elders, Pastors, staff, volunteers).
- Lead an effective Middle School and High School Youth program. Implement plans to make disciples through fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, evangelism outreach, mission outreach and ministry within the church body.
- Lead an effective College and Young Adult program. Implement plans to make disciples through fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, evangelism outreach, mission outreach and ministry within the church body.
- Recruit, train and disciple volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth. Train volunteers to participate in providing counseling and spiritual direction.
- Seek to build meaningful spiritual relationships with parents.
- Maintain contact with students and parents. Strive to communicate with all regarding upcoming events and strategies.
- Support parents in accordance with Scripture.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to complement the body of Christ.
- Active involvement in strategic planning with other ministry staff for the entire ministry of FBC Medford.
- BA/BS in related field (Ministry, Bible/Theology, Pastoral Studies, Youth)
- At least 2 years related ministry experience
- Full-time benefits include: Health insurance, vacation/sick leave, study leave, professional development funds, tuition at local Christian K-12 school (for children if needed).
- Salary: $30,0000-$36,000 (commensurate with experience/training)
To be considered for this position please send a resume and cover letter to the FBC Medford Youth Team: