1. Position Title Employee Group Position Classification
BMET Program Coordinator Support Staff Exempt
2. General Description of the Position’s Function and Purpose
The BMET Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with HTM responsibilities, research and development of new HTM initiatives, and tracking the progress of existing HTM programs. The program coordinator will be responsible for communicating with program
partners, organizing all HTM impact reports based on programs and location, distilling all the impact reports into quarterly reports for executive staff at Assist International and providing impact summaries for the creation of public relations/communication
3. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Tracking – Track the progress of various HTM programs in relation to defined timelines.
- Medical Equipment Management – Assist with medical device selection, procurement, installation, and training for emerging countries; ensure timely completion of planned preventive and corrective maintenance of AI medical device inventory; develop standard
operating procedures (SOPs) for work orders including checklists; leverage BMET associations and organize volunteer BMETs to assist with work order management of donated medical devices; advise operations team on medical device recycling by tracking devices
approaching end-of-life (EOL) and end-of-service-life (EOSL)
- Field Research – Visit project sites with stakeholders to observe program progress, identify issues and needs, and provide regular assessments on the status of each program.
- Partner Interfacing – As directed, work with partners on the development and implementation of various programs; coordinate regular communications with managers and related parties.
- Monitoring and Evaluation – Assist in developing theory of change and logical frameworks for HTM programs and ensure accurate and timely collection of data for program indicators; gather data related to DHG HTM programs from various entities including Ministry
of Health offices, hospitals, DHG Partners, sponsored field studies, etc.; distill information and provide key results for impact reports to be utilized by DHG and related partners; provide year-end assessment reports.
- Impact Reporting – Develop impact reports in close collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Medical Program Assistant; convert impact reports to public relations/communication tools for partners, and potential funders.
- Communications/Public Relations – Utilize impact data to create communication/public relations tools; identify platforms to use tools to increase visibility of projects; work closely with executive staff to align communication tools with vision and mission
of Assist International
- Leverage program experience and collaborations to support the HTM program-related goals of Assist International in fundraising strategies, grant-writing, communication and social media presence and innovative partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned
4. Knowledge/Skills Required by the Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Agreement with Assist International’s mission and goals
- Strong task management skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply
- Ability to take initiative and pursue goals with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Supervisory Controls – None
- Written Guidelines – Will be expected to uphold all company policies and procedures as listed in the employee handbook
- Complexity – Moderate-to-high level of complexity in interacting with government agencies, NGO’s, businesses and hospitals, prioritizing tasks for various projects, and managing project finances.
- Scope and Effect – This employee will be an essential part of the productivity of Assist International and support of the DHG projects.
7. Managing Key Relations
- Contacts with Key Personnel at Assist International (Leadership, project teams, support staff), project leaders and teams from partner academic institutions, other NGO’s, contracted service providers, government agency representatives.
- Purpose of Contacts – Contact with Assist International Project Teams for supervision, program work and in-country deliverables. Contact with Assist International Leadership for coaching and coordination. Contact with other Assist International staff for
matters related to accounting, human resources, IT support, monitoring and evaluation, and logistics. Contact with academic partners for the purpose of research and metrics. Contact with government representatives to facilitate DHG and other Assist International
- Physical Requirements – This position requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment – Desk with computer will be provided at the Assist International Operations Center located in Ripon, California.
- Up to 90 days of international and domestic travel will be required for this position.
9. Title of the Person to Whom This Position Reports
Senior Program Manager – Medical
10. Qualifications – Minimum Required
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Experience – Previous experience in biomedical engineering department of US-based hospital required. Experience with monitoring and evaluation of medical device related programs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11. Desirable Additional Qualifications
The incumbent must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure, meeting multiple, sometimes conflicting, deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate a cooperative attitude with colleagues and supervisors. Formal project management training
helpful. International experience and understanding of global health issues are valued. Prior work with international NGO’s and development organizations will be helpful.
12. Mission Statement
We design and implement humanitarian programs in the areas of Global Health, Orphaned & Vulnerable Children, Water, and Poverty Solutions that build capacity, develop opportunities, and save lives in the developing world.
13. Application Process
Interested individuals should submit résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org