This ministry job leads our middle school ministry of 100+ students and 33 leaders to grow and develop into a thriving ministry that prepares students to move into the high school ministry. Our desire is that every student knows what it means to BELONG
to Jesus and the Bethel body, that they have been given many opportunities to EXPLORE who they are in Christ and what scripture says about them, and that they are IGNITED with a passion to serve Jesus and the world.
The ideal candidate has a proven gift to lead teams of leaders to minister to students. We are a church who values collaboration among our staff and we value our volunteer leaders. The middle school position is part of a team that meets regularly and
works together with children's ministry and high school ministry to align in vision, mission, and values. We are looking for somoene who would love to take this ministry and dream big. We are excited to see what God will do.
Richland is a conservative community with a high level of professionalism. It is an awesome place to raise a family.
Position Title: Bethel (Richland Campus) Middle School Director (Youth Pastor)
Position Job Description: Lead the middle school ministry with additional leader development influence in high school.
Position Status: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Responsible to: Bethel 0-12 Senior Director
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Exhibits traits of a disciple of Jesus. Maintains a growing walk with the Lord.
- Committed to following the membership covenant of Bethel.
- Regular church attendance, small group participation, and attendance of major church events
- Committed to understanding and aligning with the doctrine of Bethel Church
- Spiritual gift of leadership
- Understands and agrees that we as staff are hired to equip the saints to do the work God has given them
- Passion to help the next generation grow and become mature Christians
- Ability to effectively communicate to various leadership audiences
- Team player
- Ability to create, develop and lead team of ministry leaders
- An ability to turn Bethel’s vision into a strategy and workable plan
- An ability to mentor and develop others to effectively carry out ministry
- The maturity to both lead and to follow
- Take ownership of vision and lead others in that mission
- An ability to reach students beyond those regularly attending
- An effective communicator to both large and small groups
- An ability to oversee a large diverse ministry
- Desire to teach students and adults
- Strong, creative, and innovative leader
- Ability to partner with parents proactively
- 3+ years of experience leading a middle school ministry
- Ability to partner closely with the Director of High School Ministry
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit, develop, assemble, and equip a group of adults to shepherd the students
- Create, develop, and equip ministry teams to carry out the mission of the middle school ministry
- Teach in the large group setting on a regular basis, and develop other teachers as well
- Work with interns (when the program starts) to help lead the ministry
- Provide pathways to discipleship in many areas (large group gatherings, small groups, retreats, fun activities, ministry trips, and other creative ways to purposefully reach students)
- Hire and equip support staff such as admin. and music leads
- Promote connection with students in the local middle schools
- Create a culture that reaches out
- Create a culture of service (inside and outside the church)
- Partner with the High School Director to develop training for leaders and parents
Bethel Church reserves the right to revise or change job responsibilities.
To apply click here: bethelchurch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=11