Do you have experience in the housekeeping industry and love to work with seniors?
CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA, is looking for someone who wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity as a Custodian for our Nursing Center. This position will perform routine duties including: cleaning, disposing of trash and providing supplies.
CRISTA Senior Living has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Shoreline, we offer a full spectrum of care: Independent living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services.
Loving God by serving people is CRISTA’s mission. Is this your mission? Do you love creating a comfortable and clean environment for residents to enjoy? Do you know how to lead but with a servant heart? If this sounds like you and you would like to integrate
your Christian faith with a desire to serve seniors, we want to hear from you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Daily clean, disinfect, empty trash, and provide supplies to patient rooms, resident apartments, common areas, restrooms, Environmental Specialist closets and equipment in compliance with procedures and instructions given by the Environmental Supervisor.
- Properly clean up human waste and other body fluids.
- Handle various cleaning chemicals in a safe and effective manner.
- Monitor assigned areas and clean, disinfect and clear area of unsafe or broken materials.
- Report unsafe, unclean, or broken materials that you are unable to clear to the Environmental Supervisor.
- Properly use and take care of equipment.
- Attend meetings, classes and receive training as assigned by the Environmental Supervisor.
- Follow Residents’ Rights policies at all times.
- Follow procedures outlined in the employee’s handbook.
- Use ladders in a safe manner, when required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Christian Commitment: Must have a genuine relationship with Christ
- Come to work as scheduled and demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level (i.e.: read and comprehend usage instructions for cleaning products, verbally communicate with clarity, understand and explain information to our residents).
- Interact with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time and able to determine (when faced with more than one thing to do at a time) what is more important.
Please visit the following URL to apply: