We are looking for highly motivated Group Sales Representatives with long-term aspirations. The ideal candidate has a combination of ministry and sales experience, has a relational personality, and has an extremely strong work ethic. Although we are a
30-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of capable Group Sales Representatives to help us continue that success.
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and
money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
This is a sales position. While we believe that sales can be done in a very servant-hearted way, please understand this position is selling our services and cultivating those relationships. Therefore, the main focus of this job is to generate new relationships
(primarily over the phone) and service existing relationships with the goal of helping ministries and churches with missionary airfare, ski trips, ground transportation, and trip insurance.
- Prospect for potential missions, ground transportation, ski, insurance, and miscellaneous travel by making 30-50 inside sales cold calls per day, e-mail or text, and (occasionally) outside sales appointments.
- Create, submit and track all quotes for ski, airfare, ground transportation, ?insurance and miscellaneous travel.
- Close prospective trips.
- Build relationships with potential and existing clients over a long period of time.
- Manage a large portfolio of clients by:
- Keeping track of all quote and contract deadlines and due dates.
- Respond promptly to all client correspondence.
- Following up with clients during the appropriate season.
- Attend and actively participate in important weekly meetings.
- Travel approximately 1 weeks per year. This is typically for outside sales appointments or for conferences to promote our services.
- Any other applicable duties, as needed, may be assigned from by the ?CEO, CFO, Director of Sales, or acting supervisor, pertaining to the Group Sales Representative position.
- At least two years of sales experience and/or…
- At least two years of ministry experience planning group trips (preferably with ski or mission trips) in some capacity.
- Cannot be afraid to make 30-50 cold calls per day.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Skills - Must have the ability to navigate through most of the Microsoft Office applications as well as our database and pricing program. This requires an above beginner level of computer competency.
- Ability to listen and ask good questions.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Existing relationships with ministries, churches, and missions organizations is a plus.
- Existing knowledge of the ski and/or missions industry is a plus.
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Extraverted/Relational personality
- Teachable and able to learn new things
- Ability to work within our team
- A heart to serve the church
Every group sales representative will participate in our training program, which consists of the following components:
1) Week One Training - During the first week at High Point, new group sales representatives will attend a one week training led by the Director of Sales. This training is intended to be as comprehensive as possible and will cover a range of topics and
skill development exercises.
2) OT (On-going Training) – After the first week, new group sales people will attend a weekly meeting commonly referred to as OT Sessions. These meetings are intended to address issues, topics and questions that will arise during the early stages of
growth. These meetings will last until the end of the employees 6th month.
3) Mentor Program – Each new group sales representative will be paired with a veteran “Mentor.” They will meet with this mentor on a monthly basis during their first year at High Point. The intention of this relationship is to serve as a sounding board
and source of encouragement for new employees.
- Partial health/dental insurance for full-time employees.
- 401K matching program at the end of the first year.
- A company laptop is given to all employees.
- Generous time off policy.
- Great working environment.
- Very balanced and family centered office.