Functions as the Server, Storage, and Application Services Administrator with a blend of technical and functional skills with respect to an Active Directory integrated Windows-centric domain. The primary mission is to administer, maintain, update, upgrade, install, configure and support development, test, and production environments using Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, SharePoint Services 2007/2010, MSSQL 2005/2008/2012, Hyper-V Server, IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5, Terminal Services, Threat Management Gateway 2010, Citrix Access Gateway 2010, Netilla SSL VPN, Dell PV-124 tape library, Dell MD3000i iSCSI SAN, Dell PV220S SCSI Attached Storage, Dell PowerConnect switches, NetGear PoE switches, Juniper SSG Routers, Meraki Wireless Routers, and Star2Star VoIP Gateway. The right candidate must be able to work with customers, developers, partners, vendors, and team members at various levels to ensure the high availability and deployment of high performance information systems for a medium sized enterprise with a global presence.Job responsibilities
- Provide the lead technical support in maintaining all servers.
- Provide secondary support for switches, routers, gateways, firewalls, and VPNs
- Perform migrations from one environment to another (Development to Test, Test to Production, etc.)
- Research, test, coordinate and apply any patches, updates, upgrades and fixes.
- Perform server and administrator tasks including, but not limited to: monitoring and performing backups to system resources; troubleshooting system hardware and software installations; installing and/or upgrading systems hardware, software and applications; creating or transferring user accounts, access privileges, data files and aliases; supporting operating system migration efforts; supporting customer moves and assisting in client/server issues.
- Lead in purchase and acquisition of new equipment and software. Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions, while ensuring compatibility and interoperability with current enterprise platforms.
- Coordinate with other administrators to ensure the health of the environment remains stable, efficient, highly available, and operational.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes.
- Design server farm with licensing restrictions and future upgrades in mind, while keeping within a budget.
- Analyze current production implementation – identify and resolve errors, ensure ongoing stability, efficiency, and availability of the environment.
- Establish end user access policy and permissions and delegate permissions to applicable users.
- Create and maintain documentation of IT policies, procedures, system configurations, enterprise implementation and lifecycle.
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or related field and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- 5+ years hands-on experience administering Microsoft Windows Server, SharePoint, Active Directory and Group Policy, SQL Server, Hyper-V, IIS and managed website hosting, Terminal Services, TMG 2010.
- 5+ years experience with managing and maintaining SSL VPN appliances, switches, routers, and voice gateways.
- 5+ years experience with enterprise backup and recovery using both native features and products like Symantec Backup Exec or similar.
- 5+ years experience managing DNS, DHCP, WINS; firewall rules and routing; single sign-on integration; Exchange and SMTP integration; hardware acquisition; infrastructure design, deployment, administration, and performance tuning desirable.
- 3+ years experience supporting the design and deployment of SharePoint 2007 and/or 2010 implementations and customizations, to include permissions, lists, libraries, Wiki, and other platform offerings.
- Experience with the .NET Framework tools and the Web development environment desirable.
- Experience with MOSS 2010 including custom SharePoint Web parts, SharePoint Designer Workflow, and InfoPath.
- 3+ years experience administering user security in the MOSS environment including the use of SharePoint and Active Directory groups.
- Experience with, and willingness to master, core organizational software and applications.
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ evidenced by personal testimony.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate the work of others.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.
- Strong customer service orientation.