This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Regional Development Manager
Various, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 09/26/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
Mercy Ships, a global charity, has operated a fleet of hospital ships in developing nations since 1978. Following the model of Jesus, Mercy Ships brings hope and healing to the poor, mobilizing people and resources worldwide.
Mercy Ships is currently seeking Regional Development Managers to implement our Major Gifts program in the Southwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest regions of the U.S.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of working with Major Gift donors and prospects in all phases of the identification, cultivation, and solicitation process. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in building and implementing a major gifts plan as a new component to a comprehensive annual fundraising program.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Major Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating Mercy Ships constituents, individuals, corporations, and foundations, to engage and involve those with capacity and affinity by seeking major support through the execution of a strategic annual development plan.
• Building relationships with donors, volunteers, corporate representatives, foundation executives, trustees, and current and prospective donors to gain financial support thereby furthering the mission of the organization.
• Establishing formal or informal networks of volunteers for the purposes of screening, networking, and referrals.
• Working closely with other staff to build external support and relationships.
• Designing and executing Major Gift events to engage donors and prospects in the organization.
Position Requirements, applicant must:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree with three to five years of Major Gift development work -- with a demonstrated track record of closing five, six and seven figure gifts.
• Have experience and a proven track record for working with diverse populations as well as affluent and influential constituencies.
• Have the ability to travel up to 50% of the year within a defined geographical territory.
• Have the ability to utilize computer equipment and be skilled in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, in addition to Donor Perfect fundraising software.
• Have the ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Be a Team Player
For immediate consideration please send your resume, along with a cover letter describing your qualifications and how you will apply your experience, vision and passions to advancing the mission of Mercy Ships to Mercy Ships HR Director at email@example.com