This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director Of Worship
Orland Park Church
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 09/26/2012
Categories: Church/Ministry - Music Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Worship
The OPCRC Director of Worship is a full time position. He/She must have a heart for the Lord, and a passion for building community in the local church. This individual will work closely with the Minister of Worship & Administration and the planning team to reach the goal of “Reaching Out and Building UP” at OPCRC. This individual will have a servant attitude and will attest to:
• A personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
• A mature faith and steadfast character
• A reliance on the authority of scripture and prayer
We have a dedicated group of volunteer’s singers and musicians who love God and our music ministry. We are looking for a strong leader who can grow a team. Worship should be aimed at a wide variety of people, in line with the diverse membership of OPCRC. We currently have 8:30 am and 6:00 pm service that are blended, and a 10:45 am Contemporary service. Worshipers at OPCRC value a variety of styles, with the utmost priority that the lyrics fit praising our awesome God, and the theme of the service.
• DW will grow our established Praise & Worship services through strong spiritual presence and musical leadership. He/She will function as a visible leadership presence, leading singing, sharing occasional prayer, and communicating information to the worshipers.
• DW will lead visibly in the worship life of the church, releasing the gifts of the congregation and equipping its members for worship. He/She will work with the Choir Director, Organists, accompanists and band members.
• DW must value both traditional & contemporary worship styles.
• Recruit, train and develop the skills of the vocalists, musicians and worship team volunteers.
• Set rehearsal times and agenda’s with various worship teams, to appropriately introduce and teach new songs on an ongoing basis.
• Assist the Worship Planning teams in including creative elements in worship, such as drama, video’s and other creative moments.
• Meet weekly with the worship planning team and
o Prepare and distribute orders of worship and music for all services.
o Create and design Easy worship presentations of music for all services.
o Prepare schedules for musicians and vocals.
o Plan and lead weekly rehearsals with each worship team.
• DW should possess strong guitar and/or piano and vocal skills. Must be a person who has a broad background and awareness of blended and contemporary instruments.
• Must be a great team player, understanding the important of working together in developing trust and community in various teams.
• Posses strong administrative, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
• Possess a strong degree of self motivation.
• Bachelor degree in music or its equivalent is a plus.
• The DW will report to the Pastor of Worship & Administration, and Personnel Committee.
• E-mail resume to PastorGerry@opcrc.org
Please spend some time on our web site to check out our Vision/Mission statement, and our Ministries to see if Orland could be a right fit for your passions, gifts and talents. www.orlandchurch.org