This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry, Inc.
Bellmawr, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 09/25/2012
Job Type: Full-Time
The Programmer/Analyst's role is to define, develop, test, debug, document, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of ministry requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer/Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
The role of a Programmer/Database Analyst is also to devise and implement strategies to maintain data quality and standardize data management processes. As new data is generated and old data gets modified or becomes obsolete, the individual must preserve the integrity and distinctiveness of all data. The Analyst is accountable for data quality and provides a point-of-contact to which other users can bring their data quality issues.
The Analyst’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Will report to and work directly with the Director of Information Services.
• Commitment to the ministry and purpose of The Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a computer-related field.
• Three years programming, analyst or related experience.
• Knowledge of contemporary concepts and practice in ministry or non-profit technical fields.
• Experience with databases, preferably in SQL.
• Experience with networking and Linux helpful.
• Skilled in oral and written communication and the ability to function well in teams.
• Have excellent attention to detail and ability to solve problems independently.
• Develop and maintain in-house developed applications. Write, test, and debug applications as required and approved under the Director of I/S.
• Maintain the database of donor names and addresses. Involves manual corrections, changes of address and general cleanup and updating of addresses and accounts.
• Work with various other departments to develop specifications and code any new features and capabilities required by those departments.
• Query and export data files for 3rd party vendors and mail houses
• Develop, run, and distribute reports for senior managers and field staff.
• Work to implement the goals and any duties assigned by the Director of I/S.
A comprehensive health and benefits package is provided all full-time employees.
The Friends of Israel is a worldwide Christian ministry communicating biblical truth about Israel and the Messiah, while fostering solidarity with the Jewish people.
Please send resumes to:
Director of Information Services
PO Box 908
Bellmawr NJ 08099