This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Livermore, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/24/2012
Categories: Management - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Shepherd’s Gate, offering Christ centered services and housing for battered and homeless women and children, is seeking a full-time Director of Residential Services at our Livermore, CA campus.
Shepherd’s Gate exists to meet the practical, spiritual, and emotional needs of battered and homeless women and children through the love of Jesus Christ, equipping them to lead a life of faith, hope, and love and to reach out to others in His name.
Shepherd’s Gate is a Christian organization which values:
1. People by creating a Christ-centered community through love, grace, truth, and compassion
2. The work of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, as revealed in the Holy Bible, through Jesus Christ in transforming the lives of individuals to bring forth an effective life of Christian faith and service
3. The commitment to good stewardship, integrity and accountability in all that we do
The Director of Residential Services will be responsible for overseeing the program components of the Livermore Campus. This will be accomplished through supervising the program staff in the areas of: Case Management, House Management, and Childcare, in addition to overseeing placement of volunteers specific to program needs. The Director of Residential Services will also oversee and implement program components through the staff and volunteers such as: drug/alcohol recovery, job training, job placement, legal support, counseling, and life skills training
• Supervise, lead, and develop the Program Staff (approximately 8 staff members currently) in the areas of House Management, Case Management, and Childcare
• Implement our Road to Freedom program by ensuring the systematic approach of the individual program plan for each Shepherd’s Gate resident through the supervision of Case Management, House Management, and Childcare
• Oversee the maintenance of the monthly statistics reports to measure the success of outcomes of different program components and provide statistics for the Development Department
• Ensure effective communication of changes to policies and procedures to program staff and as needed to residents and other departments
• Develop and maintain relationships with community resources
• Lead weekly meetings with all program staff, and regular meetings with direct reports
• Report weekly to supervisor (Director of Programs and Operations) regarding goals, objectives, and current issues
• Strong Christian faith required and ability to lead others in their faith and through the Holy Spirit
• Passion for the Mission Statement of Shepherd’s Gate
• Strong relational and communication skills both written and verbal
• Energetic yet able to remain calm in crisis and in handling multiple priorities autonomously
• Ability to work from a team approach and provide the team with encouragement, correction, structure and accountability
• Ability to network and engage people to action particularly in the area of volunteers
• Ability to be an advocate for staff and residents in order to ensure provision of needs
• Public speaking skills in venues such as resident graduations, community campus tours, and church or other community groups
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of work experience in the area of Human Services such as domestic violence, drug/alcohol recovery preferred
• 3 years management and supervisory experience of hired, paid staff required
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and prioritize tasks
• Office setting with frequent telephone and visitor contacts (e)
• Frequent meetings and errands off site requiring personal transportation or use of company vehicle (e)
• Lifting of items under 30 lbs (e)
• Stairs are needed to access some of the campuses’ (including the Brentwood campus) areas (e)
• Flexible hours; evenings and weekends will be required at times.
(e) Denotes “essential function” as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit package provided.