Covenant Life Church
Children’s Pastor Job Description
Covenant Life Church is a non-denominational Spirit Filled church, located in Jeffersonville Indiana.
Our vision is to Reach the Lost, Restore The Broken Hearted and Release people into their Destiny.
We are looking for a Children's Pastor who is spirit filled and knows how to operate in their five-fold ministry gifting.
Below is a general description of the responsibilities and duties of this position and is not inclusive as there are varying facets to the fulfillment of the position. Job responsibilities may vary and/or change as the church grows and as changes occur within the church.
The Children’s Pastor shall have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the children at Covenant Life Church. Responsibility is inclusive of all children ages birth through 12.
1. Staff meetings – regular attendance at all staff meetings; prepared to report on ministry activities.
2. Accountable directly to the Senior Pastor.
3. Cooperate fully with the entire staff for the good of the church.
4. Consult the Pastor and leadership on plans and policies.
5. Participate in the shared pastoral responsibilities such as hospital visitation, new member class, platform responsibilities or special assignments from Senior Pastor.
This position requires certain knowledge and a variety of skills. More important, the Children’s Pastor must love children and desire to be used of God to facilitate the mission of the church in the lives of children. The Children’s Pastor must be:
1. A Christian whose moral character models the Christian lifestyle for children.
2. Called by God and anointed to specifically serve in children’s ministry.
3. Knowledgeable about children. This includes a basic understanding of age-level characteristics, child psychology, and teaching/learning theories. Training in Christian education is also desirable.
4. Able to communicate effectively. The Children’s Pastor works closely with children, their parents, teachers and workers, and with the other Pastors.
5. Emotionally stable. Children’s ministry on occasion includes stressful situations.
6. Concerned about family. Both the well-being of your own family as well as the families you minister to.
7. Creative. Children’s ministry needs to capture the interest of children.
8. Aware of resources available to develop a broad ministry to children.
9. An effective leader. The Children’s Pastor will need good people skills as they will be leading a large staff of volunteers that serve in the ministry. They should have vision for their ministry, strong recruiting skills, ability to develop policy and enforce it.
10. Teachable and sensitive to God’s leadership. The church is the Lord’s and we must be able to hear His voice and respond appropriately.
11. A servant’s attitude. We serve each other as Christ modeled; He served, we serve.
12. A team player. Each department and its leader effects the overall vision and ministry of COVENANT LIFE CHURCH which affects us all. “We strive together, we thrive together.” “T.E.A.M. – Together Everyone Accomplishes More.”
The Children’s Pastor will function in the role of:
1. A pastor caring for the spiritual well-being of the children in their segment of the church.
2. A mentor, modeling the Christian lifestyle.
3. A recruiter and motivator that can put together a team of workers and guide them to fulfill their tasks.
4. A competent and trustworthy counselor for parents and children.
5. An educator and trainer who provides various learning experiences for both children and personnel.
6. An administrator who can analyze the needs of the children’s department and organize a program to meet those needs.
1. Develop a vision statement for children’s ministry based on scriptural principle and the vision statement of the church.
2. Guide in developing policies and procedures for effective children’s ministry.
3. Facilitate a balanced program of children’s education and ministry within the church for all services as well as special events. This could include Vacation Bible School, mission trips, evangelism outreaches and summer camps.
4. Supervise the program, including curriculum.
5. Develop plans for discovering, recruiting and training children’s workers.
6. Meet with all department heads to communicate and develop them as leaders.
7. Give leadership, and help with any special adult outreaches and evangelism efforts in the church that may include ministry to children.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness of all Children’s Ministries programs. Suggest needed changes and develop plans for making these changes.
9. Prepare a budget to cover all aspects of the church’s ministry to children. Take responsibility for the disbursement of these funds.
10. Oversee any special ministry groups that develop within the program, such as drama, dance, worship, puppets, evangelism, mission team, etc.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
MaintenanceFaith Farm Ministries
- Fort Lauderdale/Okeechobee, Florida
- May 5
Campus DirectorLiberty Youth Ranch
- Bonita Springs, Florida
- May 2
Vice President of North American Church PlantingCityteam
- San Jose, California
- April 29
Student PastorTidal Creek Fellowship
- Beaufort, South Carolina
- April 29
Master Level Counselor at Christian Boarding SchoolColumbus Girls Academy
- Seale, Alabama
- April 28
Covenant Life Church
It is our passion to reach the lost in the world we live in and draw them to a knowing and loving relationship with God through Jesus Christ. To then train them up in His truths and release them to be all that God has designed for them to be is our desire. More...