Position Summary and Expected Outcomes:
This position is responsible to carry out the day-to-day functions necessary to generate new revenue sources through donations and grants and to convey the “ACSI story” to our constituency and general public.
Spiritually the ideal candidate shall possess characteristics that reflect:
• A demonstrated acceptance without reservation of the ACSI Statement of Faith
• A strong, clear Christian testimony
• A mature, godly spirit
• A person of faith and prayer
• A broad acceptance of the evangelical Christian community
• A strong knowledge and understanding of scripture
• A servant leader
Personally the candidate’s life shall reflect:
• A high level of integrity
• A life consistent with biblical principles
• A model of God’s ideal for the family
• The gift of listening and responding appropriately to the counsel of others
• The gift of discernment when responding to employees and their requests
• A commitment to Christian schooling as evidenced by having his/her K-12 school aged children enrolled in a Christian school
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an area related to fund raising and development.
• Five or more years of experience in fund raising strongly desired, preferably with direct experience for major gift and/or annual fund development at a Christian school, university, or other non-profit organization.
• Prior experience in management.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to Christian education and to the ACSI mission, vision, and core values.
• Strong leadership and consensus building skills. Ability to successfully collaborate with various teams and departments.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Exceptional presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Exemplary customer service and empathic listening skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• High level of initiative and motivation; a self-starter.
1. Serve as the Executive Director of the ACSI Foundation, and in that role effectively lead the foundation in the accomplishment of its purposes. Specifically:
a. Communicate regularly with all Foundation board members.
b. Prepare the bi-annual agenda in collaboration with the ACSI President and chair the bi-annual meeting.
c. Visit every foundation member in person at least one time per year.
d. Work with the foundation to develop a planned giving strategy.
e. Collaborate with Senior Vice President for ACSI Global to reach the goals for the growth of ACSI’s Leadership Legacy Society (LLS).
2. Personally call on all retiring ACSI board members to seek membership and gifts to LLS by December 31, 2013.
3. Work collaboratively with the President and Global team to produce an annual video for NEXUS Live which makes a request for gifts to ACSI Global and LLS during the annual missions offering.
4. Lead the Development team to create an annual fund strategy and major gifts strategy and to meet or exceed the annual fund and major gifts goals written in the ACSI three year strategic plan.
5. Serve as the major gifts officer for ACSI and raise up friends of ACSI who agree to support, on a regular basis, the advancement of the ACSI mission. At a minimum, conduct 60 in-person calls on major donors every year.
6. May oversee the ACSI staff members responsible for the corporate partner program and the grant writing program and support their efforts in every way possible.
7. Provide leadership to the gift annuity program via partnership with the Orchard Foundation, resulting in growth of this program.
8. Ensure that ACSI maintains an effective relationship with all foundations supporting the work of ACSI, including timely and effective submission of all required reports.
9. Ensure that all gifts are receipted with appropriate thanks and that accurate giving records are maintained and reported regularly to the ACSI President, Foundation board, and Finance team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read at close range.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
• Lifting requirements up to 25 pounds.
• Progress made on personal and professional mutually agreed upon goals and timelines submitted annually.
The Director of Development shall be:
• Accountable to the President of ACSI.
• Accountable to the agreed upon job description and ACSI’s policies
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits are established within the guidelines of ACSI policies.
An application may be downloaded from www.acsi.org. Materials may be mailed to:
Human Resources, ACSI
731 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development Department AssistantSEND International
- Farmington, Michigan
- November 30
Major Gifts OfficerCare Net
- Lansdowne, Virginia
- November 25
Ministry Advancement AdministratorEvery Generation Ministries
- Temecula, California
- November 19
Director of Development & StewardshipThe Chalmers Center
- Lookout Mountain, Georgia
- November 18
Major Gifts Officer (aka: Donor Relations Director)Private Profile
- Anchorage, Alaska
- November 18
Association of Christian Schools International
The Association of Christian schools International (ACSI) is a faith-based educational association committed to enabling Christian educators and Christian schools to effectively prepare students to live as thoroughly prepared, sold-out followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI operates from its headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and is presently working in over 100 countries through 17 regional offices around the world. Today, ACSI serves over 1.2 million children by enabling teachers and schools to provide for them the best Christ-centered educ More...