This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Clayton, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/11/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Church/Ministry
Job Type: Full-Time
Hocutt Baptist Church in Clayton, NC (15 minutes from Raleigh) is actively seeking to fill the position of Children's Pastor. We are looking for someone with outstanding people skills, a heart for children and their families, and a desire to assist in the growing of God's kingdom. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and all other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum educational and/or experience requirements:
• Bachelors Degree; Master of Divinity or Master of Theology preferred
• Two years of active children’s ministry experience
• Ability to use MS Office and possess other computer skills as demanded by equipment and configurations
• Excellent initiative, interpersonal communication, and customer service skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize, coordinate & deliver church services involving children of all ages up to 5th grade.
• Organize & coordinate all outreach ministries involving children of all ages up to 5th grade, such as Upward, AWANA, & Vacation Bible School.
• Organize, coordinate & deliver discipleship opportunities for children of all ages up to 5th grade.
• Recruit, train & supervise children’s ministry volunteers & leaders.
• Create or provide Biblically-sound teaching materials for all children’s ministries.
• Develop & follow an annual budget for assigned ministry areas.
• Must be a born-again Christian.
• Set an example by sharing faith.
• Seek out opportunities to enhance ministry development.
• Outstanding people skills required.
• Stay informed on current youth ministry methods & materials, utilizing that information where & when appropriate.
• Attend staff meetings as requested.
• Deliver classes or sermons in the senior pastor’s absence.
• Regularly participate in hospital & home visitation with church members.
• Maintain certification in adult, child & infant CPR.
Essential Functions, including physical demands:
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
• Ability to actively lead & participate in children’s ministry activities.
• Ability to easily move around (walk, bend, kneel, etc.)
• Ability to drive vehicles (including church vans) for children’s ministry activities.
• Ability to differentiate between colors.
• Ability to see and hear clearly.
• Ability to touch type.