This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Development
Grace International Children's Foundation
Houston Area, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/10/2012
Categories: Church Developer - Fundraising
Job Type: Contract
GICF builds and operates orphanages for AIDS/HIV orphans in East Africa. Currently we have one facility in Uganda caring for 110 children, including accommodations, school and medical centre. GICF seeks its first part-time contract employee in the Greater Houston, Texas, area to manage fundraising and other promotional activities.
The successful candidate will develop strategies to (a) promote GICF and its operations and (b) build solid personal and professional relationships with the ultimate goals of raising funds and attracting volunteers (serving in USA & in Uganda). He/she will then prepare and execute plans to achieve the strategies.
• Develop detailed strategies and tactics to promote GICF and Lulwanda Children’s Home and present them to the GICF board for approval.
• Upon approval of the Board, carry out the proposed tactics. To the extent possible, the Director of Development should determine the key messages, and then organize, recruit and lead US-based volunteers who will be called upon to operationalize the activities.
• Develop a toolkit that key stakeholders (board members and others passionate about GICF) can use to share the message of LCH.
• Keep the GICF board advised of upcoming promotional events and how they can participate, and the results of recently held events.
• Constantly seek ways to expand GICF support network
• At least 3 years of fundraising experience, preferably within a not-for-profit environment
• Must have experience developing contacts to build a support network for the organization
• Capable of writing grants and following up with potential sources of donations
• Self-starter, multi-tasker, creative
• Familiarity with creating and managing a budget
• Able to collaborate with, and sometimes delegate to, volunteers, board members, and others participating in the work of GICF and LCH
• Enthusiasm for promotion of orphan care and orphan awareness
• Be professing of their faith in Jesus Christ, and prepared to share their Statement of Faith
• Be humble in spirit and diplomatic in approach
Rob Marshall email@example.com 281-646-7170