This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bible League International
Crete, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 09/05/2012
Categories: Fundraising - Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Through the support of generous donors, BLI is providing people with Bibles they can understand so that they will be brought into fellowship with Jesus Christ and His Church. We do this worldwide by translating, distributing, and engaging people in the Scriptures.
The Opportunity & Vision
If you are driven by sharing what the Lord has done over the phone with Partners, you will find this to be an exciting opportunity. The Fundraising Associate (Partner Relations Associate) raises money for the support of the ministry of Bible League International (BLI) from individuals, churches, and businesses. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with partners and potential partners by utilizing God-honoring practices that encourage biblical stewardship. You will cultivate these relationships utilizing the Relationship Cycle. As a Partner Relations Associate (PRA), you will work within a team structure and achieve fundraising results within a specified territory or constituency.
This position is based in our Crete, IL office.
• Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
• Possess a minimum of 2 years of successful fundraising experience for a nonprofit or charitable organization, or equivalent experience in a related field such as field sales or territory management.
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of fundraising as a stewardship ministry.
• Displays competency in the core competencies necessary to fulfill the position:
- Ability to focus on learning the ministry and finding needs to share with donors to be able to communicate clearly and effectively the mission, vision and daily ministry of BLI
- Ability to cultivate relationships with partners that lead to increasing levels of interest, involvement and investment
- Ability to articulate clear, direct requests for financial support
• Familiarity with the Bible and use of literature in evangelism.
• Working knowledge of Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
• Occasional travel required (less than 10%).
Please visit www.bibleleague.org for more information about the ministry.
You may apply for this position at http://www.bibleleague.org/about-us/careers.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, Bible League International has the right to and will only hire candidates who agree with Bible League International's Statement of Faith and profess Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.