Juba, South Sudan - Coordinate and administer the Human Resource (HR) function for various Samaritan's Purse (SP) field projects in South Sudan. This should be done in a mature and responsible manner so as to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of personal information of the staff and of the SP payroll.
• Ensure that proper HR procedures and systems are operated and maintained at all project locations in South Sudan and ensure that the office is in compliance with the Sudan labor laws, SP policies and all relevant authorities.
• Assist the HR Manager with updating the HR manual and interpreting and training managers and staff on procedures, policies and guidelines indicated in the HR manual.
• Assist in the development and implementation strategy for HR management and development including but not limited to recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal, compensation and benefits and quality management issues.
• Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the government and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Unity State in the field of HR.
• Provide guidance on legal HR issues.
• Plan for employee’s performance appraisal and develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
• Liaise with various field sites in Unity State so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements.
• Assist in the maintenance and accurately prepare the monthly payroll for Unity State and ensure compliance with tax laws of South Sudan.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Human Resources Management, Communications, or related field; one to two years related experience and/or training in HR Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Knowledge of Sudan labor laws is highly preferred.
• Excellent skills in problem solving and conflict resolution, crisis management and training facilitation.
• Ability to work well within a team and build positive team spirit.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and work under pressure in a cross-cultural environment.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL- EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE- EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Mission Associate - Evangelism/ Disciple MakingSugar Creek Baptist Church
- Sugar Land, Texas
- November 20
Campaign DirectorNew Fire For Christ
- Norfolk, Virginia
- November 18
HR Payroll and Benefits AdministratorEast-West Ministries International
- Plano, Texas
- November 17
Senior Vice President of OperationsCURE International
- Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
- November 12
Web DeveloperCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 6
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...