This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Anglican Church in North America
Ambridge, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2012
Categories: Advertising/PR - Communications
Job Type: Full-Time
Company: A Christian denominational headquarters in south Beaver County, PA is seeking a Communications Associate to work in our Communications Department. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
Position: Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the Communications Associate will be responsible for generating content in accordance with the annual communications plan, primarily focused on news stories highlighting the activities and events of individuals and organizations belonging to the Anglican Church in North America.
- Develop content for print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, news stories, newsletters, brochures, The Apostle (bi-annual magazine), the Annual Congregational Report, web and social media and exhibit materials.
- Compose news stories as provided by the news pipeline, while also pursuing and developing story leads through Anglican Church in North America member dioceses and congregations and ministry.
- Post news stories and images to the webpage and social media.
- Compose and send the monthly e-newsletter, The Anglican Chronicle.
- Assist in tracking Diocesan (e)newsletters, websites, and social media for relevant news.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Anglican communicators and partner organizations to more effectively share and disseminate internal information and resources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Anglican Bloggers (i.e. VirtueOnline, StandFirm) in order to provide them with relevant information and news stories.
- Act as the media liaison for the Anglican Church in North America.
- A committed Christian who embraces the high calling of communicating the message of a national church.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a communications or public relations role
- Knowledge of the Anglican Church in North America preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines required
- Experience working with and managing members of the media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, principally Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Web maintenance experience with content management systems (CMS) a plus
- Some travel required to provincial and diocesan events throughout the province
Please e-mail resume with cover letter, references, and writing samples to HR@anglicanchurch.net or mail to: ACNA Human Resources, 800 Maplewood Avenue, Ambridge, PA 1500. No phone calls please.